OIAJ & Time to De-Stress

by Katelyn Block on November 18, 2010 · 14 comments

This morning, I had Oats In a Jar.

And they were good.

Pre-stirrage

Post-stirrage goodness..nom nom nom :)

Into the pot went:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • melted banana mixed in :)

Into the jar went:

• steaming oats
  • 2 tbsp. almond buttah from the jar
  • a handful of raisins
  • cinnamon (obv)

I can’t get enough of the banana-nut-butter oats combo. I’ve been having it every morning for the last week, and it has not once gotten old (way to have some variety, Katelyn!). It’s fine.

If you haven’t tried Katie’s melted banana trick, hon, you are missing out. Try it. Now. (not to be bossy or anything ;) )

Nom nom nom :) Currently getting banana oats cravings…

But, onto other things!

What time is it? It’s…

Time to De-Stress:

You know that feeling where there’s just so much to do, but somehow not enough time in the day to do it? Or that weighted-down feeling you carry around when you’re just stressed?

Hello, high school!

I’ve been feeling ultra stressed lately, so I’ve been looking for some ways to de-stress. Such as:

Tea :)

Yoga (especially Power Vinyasa! still have to try hot yoga)

(yes, I know it’s not a yoga picture, but it came up in my Bing search and it made me laugh! ;) )

Hot chocolate :) The reason for the season, lovies!

Runnin’ runnin :) And spinning!

Eating peanut buttah noodles while catching up with friends..

…and more tea.

I am such a tea girl. I always have some tea in my favorite thermos! My favorites currently are Yogi teas and Tazo teas – especially their Refresh, Honeybush, and Vanilla Rooibos varieties. Keeps me nice and warm :)

And baking! Especially these Oatcakes:

Expect a recipe soon! They were to die for – reminiscent of my childhood and perfectly moist. They were delicious by themselves (I scarfed them down, notabigdeal), but I discovered they were even more out-of-this-world with some good pb and apple butter. Mmm :)

Question of the Day: What’s your favorite way to de-stress?

Time for me to sign off, y’all – readings on the U.S. economy are calling my name! Enjoy the rest of your evening, lovlies :)

xoxox,

Jaclyn (Ananda Prana November 18, 2010 at 4:32 PM

The oat cakes look delish!

I love to de-stress by doing some yoga or going for a long walk. Honestly, sometimes zoning out in front of the TV works, too :)

Katelyn December 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Girl, I agree on all three! Unfortunately with the cold, walks are a bit more scarce..my fingers get numb so quick!

leashieloo November 20, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I like to de-stress by putting on comfy things, burrowing down in a blanket, and reading a book or watching a mindless TV show.

Katelyn December 4, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Comfy things and blankets are always appropriate, even without the stress :)

Savvy November 26, 2010 at 5:40 AM

Yum, I'd like one of those oat cakes now, please, and thank you for introducing me to the wonder that is melted banana.
I like to destress by going to the gym and focusing on the next mile/rep/song, etc. I also like to call my best friends, my boyfriend or my mom for a long chat with a cup of coffee in hand. Bliss!

Katelyn December 4, 2010 at 5:38 PM

They're so delicious! And you're welcome :) Going to the gym is one of my favorite ways too, especially while listening to my workout playlists

Kayla November 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Ooh, those oatcakes look SO good right now!

Just wondering, what kind of tea do you like to drink? I'm starting to discover herbal tea and I'm trying to find good flavors!

Katelyn December 4, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I know! I'm gonna have to go bake another batch ;) My favorite teas are:

Tazo: Vanilla Rooibos, Refresh, and Honeybush
Yogi: Ginseng Vitality, Chai Rooibos, Ginkgo Clarity, Echinacea Immune Support and Stomache Ease
Numi: Rooibos

Hope that helps! I also like almost any kind of herbal tea – this girl doesn't do caffeine ;) Twinings Herbal Revive teas are also good, as is their decaffeinated green tea.

snackgirlgoeshealthy January 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM

HEY just found the blog- Love it!
Sad to see your barely on anymore! Oh well sometimes like takes over!

Katelyn January 5, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Don’t worry, I’m getting back in the game asap! College apps are all done :)

Sweet Cheeks January 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Hi Katelyn! I just happened to stumble on your blog and I am SO glad I did. You have some amazing recipes and I can tell you are really talented in the kitchen. Can't wait to try some of them and read more!

My favorite way to destress is to meditate or take a bath. And exercise definitely makes me feel TONS better, too.

Have a great night!!

Katelyn January 5, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Exercise allll the way! Meditation is a new thing for me, I'm likin it!

christina January 3, 2011 at 7:33 AM

tea and spin class help me destress too!

Katelyn January 5, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Spinning is the besttt. Got my butt kicked, major