My First Vlog! [Makeup, Skin, and Hair Must-Haves]

by Katelyn Block on February 28, 2011 · 29 comments

Good morning bloggy boos!

Yesterday I was invited to celebrate some Oscars lovin’ at a friend’s house, so I knew I wouldn’t have time to write up a normal post.

So, I gathered a few of my morning essentials to share with you guys! These are some of the best products I have ever found, and they have never let me down.

Enjoy!

Oh, and bee tee dubs I look hot in the freeze, please ignore it and click play before you go into shock:)

Some of the products highlighted in the video:

I’m curious – do I sound how you expected me to? I am always so surprised by bloggers’ voices when they do videos!

—————————————————————————————————

Just for fun, a couple of pictures from my night!

Samantha, my biff who I haven’t seen in forEVER because she has been at college! Girl is enjoying her life at University of Michigan, and hopefully I will be visiting her at the end of the month!

IMG_4033

You know who your true friends are when you can go without seeing them for months and then see each other again, and have it be like no time has passed whatsoever. I love this girl!

Us back in the day:

Untitled

Biffffffs:)

Oh and her adorable brother. How cute is he?!

IMG_4034

He JUST got braces. Poor child, I had mine during the awkward middle school years too. Braces were definitely my LEAST favorite thing. Can you say eating mush for days on end?!

That’s all for today love doves! See you tomorrow:)

What are your must-have products?

See above:)

Did you watch the Oscars?

YES, Anne Hathaway is my fave, she is adorable! And I was SO happy that Toy Story 3 won! Deserved it, 100% :)

Do you have any long-distance friends that you still keep in touch with?

Yesss too many to count, those ones are the best:)

Any requests for future vlogs?

Don’t be shy! I luuurve suggestions:)

xoxox,

Signature

Katy February 28, 2011 at 3:11 AM

I love VLOGs! This was super fun to watch, I want to try that shampoo, but not the volumizing one, I have WAY too thick of hair for it, haha.

Kristina February 28, 2011 at 3:42 AM

Love your VLOGS….I use Aveda too-pure abundance…hello super thin hair over here!

movesnmunchies February 28, 2011 at 3:48 AM

YAYAY for vlogs!! i did not watch the oscars— time difference was crazy and i was SHREEPIn in my bed!
I TOTALLY thought ur voice was higher for some reason.. but the voice you have DEF suits you more than what i thot it wasa going to be :D

Hollie @ Lolzthatswi February 28, 2011 at 4:09 AM

You guys are adorable. I'm glad you had a fun time watching the Oscars.

I love hearing bloggers voices (that sounds a tad creepy ha) I use a lot of Clinque which I love.

logginnbloggin February 28, 2011 at 4:23 AM

Your voice actually sounds how I expected it too! Haha is that weird? The Oscars are my FAV award show, I actually really liked how it was geared towards our generation.

Oh and OBVS Anne was rockin' it

christina February 28, 2011 at 5:55 AM

you are so cute! your voice reminds me of mine for some reason!

katshealthcorner February 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Totally with you on Toy Story 3!! :D

I absolutely love Desert Essence's products!! I love love LOVE their face wash! It works so well, and my face is so clear! YAY!

xoxo
Kathleen

katshealthcorner February 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Just added you to my Blog Roll! :D

Alyssa February 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM

I so agree, everyone always sounds different than I expect them to. I wish I asked that question when I did my first vlog a few weeks ago… I wonder if I sound funny. ;)

you, however, sound a lot like I thought you would.

and I never know what to vlog about! if I think anything up, I'll pass the buck on to you.

My must-have product has got to be the Redken heat defense lotion I use for my hair. That, and Garnier Moisture Rescue gel for my face!

Jess February 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I was so glad the kings speech won. yay!

Amy @ Second City Ra February 28, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I have quite a few hoes in different area codes… lol

Thank goodness for facebook and texting. My friends in far away lands are so important to me, but I couldn't keep up with them otherwise!

simplynutritiouskate February 28, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Loved the vlog and LOVE aveda products and dessert essence I use it and it makes my skin sooo soft and clean! Keep vlogging.

fashionfitnessfoodie February 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Love vlogging although I dont think I'd be able to do it… You are so pretty :)
I am a big fan of Obagi products and Nars make -up!

fiercetyper February 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Well, shiz. The voice I had made up in my head for you was so wrong haha. I like it :-)
My must-have-or-I'm-not-leaving-the-house products are Smash Box face primer, Smash Box HD foundation, MAC graph black eyeliner! The second I am out of any one of those three I am high-tailing it to the mall.
Oh, and yesterday I totally got that Dr. Bronner soap you mentioned! Only 2 dollars at Trader Joe's and wow it DOES smell amazing :-) The big lavender bar soap they have there is soooooo yummy too and also like 2 bucks I think.

Allie from Rip It Ra February 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Your voice sounds like I expected it to, but you weren't as… excited? upbeat? as I thought you might be. Maybe because you just woke up? ;)
I don't wear makeup so I don't have too many must-have products. Just oatmeal lotion and a sensitive face lotion. No preferences.

janae @hungryrunnerg February 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I LOVED THIS AND YOU ARE THE PRETTIEST LITTLE THING IN THE WORLD!!!! Please do as many vlogs as possible!!! I loved it!! I have to have my clinique self tanner and base and mac bronzer, I would die without it. I have friends in Hawaii that I still talk to all the time, it is the best:) Have an amazing day gorgeous girl!

Hungry Dancer February 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Love your VLOG! I think the best friends are definitely the ones who you can go months without seeing and nothings changed!!

Jenny February 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Your vlog was great, you are so pretty :D And I definitely have friends that I hardly ever see and then when I do it's like we never stopped seeing eachother.

Gina February 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Love the Vlog, girl! You're so cute!

I've been wanting to do one, just not sure what I'd do it on haha

Cheryl February 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Hi- I have question, does Maybelline animal test? I know they used to long time ago, but they got bought out by Cosmair (who makes Loreal and Lancome), and they used to animal test but maybe changed their position. I want to find a good vegan mascara but not break the bank. Right now I am using MAC Haute and Naughty, probably not vegan but MAC doesn't animal test, and while more expensive the containers are recycleable at MAC for free lipstick, lip gloss, or eye shadow.

Little Miss Fitness February 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I love California Baby! It's an everyday face lotion for babies…duh :) but I use it because my face gets so dry in the winter!

healthyhelper February 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM

This was so helpful! I am always looking for new skin care products.
I love finding out what other bloggers sound like! You actually sound a lot different then I expected lol…. so it was interesting to see what you really sounds like.

Lee @ Fit Foodie Fin February 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM

ohh mahhh gahhh. love the vlog. you're tempting me to do the same!

glutenfreemuse February 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Just found your blog and love it! I did watch the Oscars…missed the red carpet though…my favorite part! Caught the recap on E this morning :-)

My favorite face care line is "Yes To" right now. Makes my skin feel so soft and smooth!

Stefanie @TheNewHeal February 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Love you VLOG–you sound similar to what I thought you'd sound like! :)

Stefanie @TheNewHeal February 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Love *your VLOG! It's late!! haha

Lisa March 1, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Check, check, and check! I use the desert essence stuff already (and LOVE it!), also I use the Aveda smooth infusion… love Aveda.
Love the vlog :)

Kayla (Little Miss H March 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Aww, I love your vlog! I use the desert essence face wash and I loooove it.

kourtnie March 4, 2011 at 2:58 AM