Are you eating a bowl of cheese?!

by Katelyn Block on March 1, 2011 · 30 comments

Hi love doves, and Happy Bunny Bunny Day!! How are you? Hope everyone avoided a case of the Mondays:)

I loved all of your responses to my first vlog!! And I was surprised to find that many of you thought my voice was exactly what you were expecting. Glad I didn’t sound like a man:)

And secondly, I have to thank you all times a million from the bottom of my heart. CK hit record-high views this past Sunday night, and it is all thanks to you, best friends! Thank you so much for all of your love and support, you have no idea how much you all mean to me! <3

Anywhos, before I forget, be sure to send in your Mission: I Feel Pretty pictures!!

Tomorrow I am going to put up some of the pictures I have received so far, so don’t wait, chickadees! Feel pretty and snapdiddlydoo a photograph!

Bee tee dubs, my raisin burnout didn’t even last half of the day. I was eating half of the container by 10 AM. I think it is safe to say I need an intervention;)

—————————————————————————————————

So, the crazykins title comes from class today. I was sitting and enjoying some cauliflower rice (recipe below:)), and my friend that sits next to me asked, “Are you eating cheese?!”

I pretty much died right there. I was laughing so hard I thought I was actually going to pee my pants.

In order to understand why, you must realize that I can never eat normal portions of anything. I always eat redonk amounts. So picture me eating a GIANT tupperware full of this stuff, coated in tomato goodness and nooch.

IMG_4030

So I told him, yes, I was eating a giant tupperware full of cheese.

IMG_4029

And since CK has been lacking a tad in the recipe department, I thought I would share this simple, quick, and delicious recipe with you. It is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and especially great for a student like me:)

Quick and delicious? That’s my middle name;)

IMG_4032

Cauliflower Rice Primavera

Ingredients:

• 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • Italian seasoning (or thyme, basil, marjoram, rosemary, oregano)
  • Small handful of fresh basil, chopped
  • Nutritional yeast (nooch)

Directions:

1. In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until it resembles rice. Scoop into a large bowl, and serve yourself desired amount.
  2. Mix together the diced tomato and seasoning. Put on top of cauliflower rice.
  3. Sprinkle with nooch and top with freshly chopped basil. Mix it all up, and enjoy!

IMG_4031

This was so yummy, and the perfect way to get in my veggies! (except I never really have a problem with that because I am addicted to all things veg)

It reminded me of a way healthier version of my lazy-girl rice “spaghetti” that I make when I have leftover rice/grains and am too lazy to make noodles Winking smile

Don’t you just love the word “noodles”? Nooooooooodles:)

Edit: After seeing some of the comments, I realized that I didn’t mention the twelve and a half quinoa-hummus-raisin-balsamic bowls I ate with this. By no means is this a complete meal! ‘Tis just the veggie portion. As with every meal, be sure to include modest portions of carbs, protein, and fat.

That is all for today bloggy boos! I have a long day of classes, working out, and hummus-raisin-balsamic bowl eating ahead of me:)

Have a fun Tooooosday!

p.s. Go check out my girl Lee’s bloggity blog post! I am so proud of her, she is spreading the raisin-balsamic loveeee :)

What is your favorite lazy-girl (or La-Z-Boy) meal?

Quinoa, hummus, balsamic, and raisins, all mixed up in a bowl. I think I am in a food rut:)

What is your favorite way to get in your veggies?

Um, eating them every second of the day! And green monsters/salad beasts. My tummy lurves:)

Have you ever gotten questions about food you bring to class/work?

Yessss errday, some people don’t even know what quinoa is…whaddafuh?!

xoxox,

Signature

Lauren March 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM

This sounds like a great recipe!! I love the use of cauliflower for rice. I often sub it for potatoes but never rice. Great idea girl!!

Amy @ Second City Ra March 1, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Your lazy meals are much more balanced than mine… mine often include a toasted peanut butter sandwich. Sometimes with wine. It's not a meal for children… :p

movesnmunchies March 1, 2011 at 3:27 AM

AHAHH a bowl of cheese.. good one! i so wnat to try cauliflower rice!! it doesnt seem like it would fill me up though! lazy gal meal = a wrap!

Sweet Tooth Runner March 1, 2011 at 3:32 AM

I am SO trying cauliflower rice!! I think I'd need to have it in a wrap or something though…my carb addiction knows no bounds!! :P

HA I ALWAYS get asked about what I'm eating!! Quinoa, tempeh and even the chickpeas I had yesterday got asked about!! Lazy gal meal= baked beans and a microwaved sweeet potato. LAZY! :D

Kristina March 1, 2011 at 4:09 AM

Great recipe-I need to try this one. I'm all about whipping up a smoothie and adding cereal:)

Melissa March 1, 2011 at 4:26 AM

I really want to try nutritional yeast, but for some reason the word "yeast" in the name kind of freaks me out! Great recipe though, looks yummy :)

Hollie @ Lolzthatswi March 1, 2011 at 4:31 AM

I for real will always think that pancakes are the lazy persons meal. I love them and they are so easy.

That seriously sounds like the story of my life. I always eat proportions out of the ying yang.

Jenny March 1, 2011 at 4:32 AM

I've never made anything exciting with cauliflower, this is definitely on my to make list! And people always question what I eat, they think it's the weirdest thing in the world :( That's why it makes me so happy when bloggies think my bowl of oats look delicious lol No one I know (other than my bf) enjoy oats! Wtfff

Meaghan March 1, 2011 at 5:12 AM

That looks so good! I would have never thought to try cauliflower that way, just the usual boring ways so I definitely want to try this! I seriously need to get my hands on a food processor stat!

Nizzy March 1, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Looks YUM! I love my veggies too and GiNORMUS salads are my thing. You do anything with them–my favorite–pasta on top!

People always make fun of what I eat at work. I put pretzles in my coffee…

Molly @ Mollyrunsfre March 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM

Omg I crunch up pretzels and put them in my tea! I thought ibwas the only person in thr world or else just a mJor carb addict ;)

Tina March 1, 2011 at 5:45 AM

I love using cauliflower rice in stirfry dishes! As for lazy meals, you can never go wrong with a quinoa and hummus salad!

runyogarepeat March 1, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Quick meals are my favorite! I always combine quinoa, cinnamon, and raisins for a delicious snack. Yes, my boyfriend calls me a rabbit cause I'm always munching on carrots sticks & hummus. I've been known to just munch on the giant carrot sticks.

Alyssa March 1, 2011 at 6:46 AM

I ALWAYS get made fun of for what I eat.

In the cafeteria where I work… "you ONLY want veggies? really?"

When I was in college, "um… is that even good?" "do you actually enjoy your repetitive colorful salads?"

I've learned to roll with the punches, smile, and say, 'YEP!'" :-D

Alyssa March 1, 2011 at 6:48 AM

p.s. is the cauliflower still tough? or is it kinda mushy like rice? :)

Gillian March 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM

This is a great idea!! I made cauliflower mash recently and it was SOO good!

healthyhelper March 1, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I have to try one of those balsamic-raisin-humus bowls….sounds delish! My favorite way to get veggies is definitely salads and steamed veg bowls…..have these eeeer' day!

Lisa March 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I get questions about pretty much everything I eat in public…and since I'm a wellness coach and nutrition teacher, I get questions about what weird things I eat even when I'm not eating anything!

I eat huge salad beasts everyday. Love 'em…and my new habit is to use a mezzaluna (like the Half Moon restaurant at clover and monroe), and chop them up so everything is the same size. Yummmmmm.
My latest overindulgence is chopped salads dressed with a drizzle of balsamic and tahini…
Great post :)

fiercetyper March 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Green monsters always get strange looks… and I have definitely been judged for eating jam, sharp cheddar cheese and spinach on wheat bread. Judgy McJudgersons! All of them!

theAlmostRunner March 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM

the whole post was awesome, but the "whaddafuh?!" quinoa comment KILLED me! hahaha

Allie from Rip It Raw March 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I tried cauliflower rice… didn’t dig it. Hopefully that will change!
My lazy meal is throwing 2 pieces of ezekiel bread in the toaster and spreading avocado on top. Reminiscent of toast with legit butter.
I get asked questions all the time about my food. My coworkers automatically know something in the fridge is mine if they can’t recognize it, haha.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) March 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM

That’s so funny about a bowl of cheese! LOL I’ve been wanting to try cauliflower rice, it sounds sooo good! Yumm

theamazonprincess March 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Haha my friends often make some strange remarks about my foods too. ;) I'll have to try the cauliflower rice recipe! I just used my food processor for the first time (yeah just now…why? idk!!!) And I'm a little addicted! :D

Flash Games March 1, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Thank you..really informative!!

Mel March 1, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Great recipe Katelyn! When I bring into work green monsters and overnight oats I get alot of weird looks and comments. It doesn’t phase me, as long as it tastes good to me is all that matters! Before finding out about my gluten intolerance my lazy meal was fiber one cereal and yogurt. It has since changed to rice and peas.

ThE DiVa DiSh March 1, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I have yet to try a bowl of that “cheese” but I think I must soon :)

happytalesblog March 7, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Ohhhh that cauliflower rice dish sounds like SUCH great idea!!! I’m gonna try that as a side very, very soon! Just gotta hit up the grocery store, first! :)