Wordyless Wednesday + Mission: I Feel Pretty!

by Katelyn Block on March 2, 2011 · 31 comments

Good morning chickadees! Happy Hump Day! How are you?

Today’s post is going to start out wordy, and then it is gonna go wordless. Get ready for a post that is moody mood!

I am so glad you all loved the recipe yesterday! Looks like quick and simple meals are your thang;)

Anywhos, yesterday I came home super tired, so I ate a quinoa-hummus-raisin-balsamic bowl and took a napsky with my neck heater pillow.

I am somewhat obsessed. It smells so. good. I am pretty sure it is filled with magic beads?

Lately my neck/shoulders have been SO tight! Can you say shoulder massage?! (preferable by a tall, dark, and handsome man that likes long walks on the beach, cooking, watching the Bachelor, and giving massages:))

I. freaking. love. naps.

As a student, I have learned to embrace the afternoon siesta with open arms. If you haven’t tried it, you should. Way better than using carbs/chocolate/caffeine to stay awake.

Oh, and remember when a friend of mine thought I was eating a bowl of cheese?

Yesterday he thought that my quinoa-lentil-raisin-balsamic bowl was Cocoa Krispies. When I told him what it was, he thought it was so cool that my food was exotic.

I told him only if exotic means not WonderBread:)

Hahahaha he liked that joke.

—————————————————————————————————

Mission: I Feel Pretty

Alrighty tighty, time for some wordlessness! Here are some of the Mission: I Feel Pretty submissions I have received so far.

Enjoy!

Note: It is NOT too late to send your Mission: I Feel Pretty picture! I think I am going to make this a more permanent feature on the bloggy (with its own tab and errthang:)), so feel pretty loves, and send yours in!:)

Alyssa:

IMG_2794

Kaila:

031

Brittanie:

110301-124606

—————————————————————————————————

That’s all for today loves! Don’t see your picture here? Shoot me an e-mail! Or better yet, take your Mission: I Feel Pretty picture and sendity send it to chefkatelynblog@gmail.com :)

Have a rockin’ Hump Day, loves!

What is your best neck/shoulder pain relief trick? Please tell me I am dying here!

So far sleeping and using my neck heater pillow, but it is not working very well..

Are you a nap person?

I used to swear I hated naps and would never ever take one, but now I am in luuuurve:)

How are you feeling pretty today?

Once you figure it out, capture the moment! Send it in to be featured on the bloggy. Feel free to send a sentence or two about why you feel beautiful, a link to your blog, or post about it on your own bloggy!

xoxox,

Signature

cleaneatingchelsey March 2, 2011 at 2:52 AM

I still have to send you a picture for this I feel Pretty mission! I love naps – I have always been a napper in the afternoons for as long as I can remember!

Katy March 2, 2011 at 3:49 AM

I'm a total napper. I used to come home from the gym and curl up in bed in my workout clothes. Haha, now that I think of it, that was kinda gross. But so comfy.

movesnmunchies March 2, 2011 at 4:07 AM

I will send you a pic now!

Hollie @ Lolzthatswi March 2, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Get a good message on your shoulders. That is what takes away all my pains for real. Perhaps I'll shoot you an email for mission pretty. What an awesome idea! You continue to inspire me Katelyn! :)

lauren @ spiced plat March 2, 2011 at 4:31 AM

having my hair in pigtails always makes me feel pretty.

these pictures are lovely. thanks for sharing!

Jackie @ Baking Char March 2, 2011 at 4:34 AM

i. freaking. miss. naps. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simplynutritiouskate March 2, 2011 at 5:54 AM

I hate naps I always lay there thinking of a million other things I should be doing. Neck/back pain I would recommend chiropractic I have been getting adjusted regularly for over a year and have never felt better!

Heather @ Get Health March 2, 2011 at 6:29 AM

I wish I was a napper, they always give me headaches :(

A massage always works best for my neck pains… I'm actually getting on tonight, I can't wait! That heated neck pillow sounds amazing.

Jenny March 2, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Naps are the best! Gotta do my feeling pretty pic :)

TheNewHealthy March 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM

I love naps! Unfortunately I don't get to take them too often–but when I do they're that much better! :)

Ayla March 2, 2011 at 7:30 AM

I've been liking your Mission: I Fell Pretty idea and yet I still haven't gotten around to sending you a picture. Must get on that asap.

I'm definitely a nap lover! Except that most of the time my naps turn into 2 hours and then all I want to do is keep sleeping. Which would be fine if it didn't mean I would be wide awake at some random time like 2 or 3am.

Kate @ Run With Kate March 2, 2011 at 7:41 AM

I love this whole "I feel pretty" campaign you are doing! It's wonderful. We should ALL feel pretty in our own skin.

I want a neck heater pillow-thingie!! That sounds incredibly soothing. Where did you get it?

Hope you're having a fabulous hump day, love! :)

Nicole @ Of Cookies March 2, 2011 at 7:44 AM

I'm totally taking a picture and sending it to you in the nearish future… I love this I Feel Pretty thing, such a good idea :)

and I go back and forth on naps… I go thru phases where I HAVE to nap and phases where I don't at all. Recently I haven't been but now I"m sick and pretty much 2 hours of classes tires me out enough that i need to sleep. My problem with napping si sometimes itmakes it hard for me to sleep at night… Not so, apparently, when I'm sick haha. :)

n

brandy March 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Woo hoo I'm on your blog :-P I feel famous. ….And pretty :-)

Alyssa March 2, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I love seeing my face on your blog. ;)

heh!

I am a nap hater! I feel like I can never shake the sleepy feeling when I get up. faaail!

Lisa March 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I love naps!

For neck tightness…I take a tennis ball, and (lying on the floor on my back) I put the ball under the tight spots and either just relax into it, or roll it slightly. It doesn't hit the side of the neck or tops of shoulders…but it can help with the back of neck and upper back area (just avoid the spine).

Great pics of pretty ladies!

Olivia March 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I love all of these "I feel pretty pics!!" Such a great idea of yours!! Ahh naps really are the best; maybe try a hot and cold patch? But I guess your heating pad thing is a lot like those!

runyogarepeat March 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Naps are great! There's actually studies that say short naps help your memory, learning, and attention for the rest of the day, so they're GOOD for you.
Hah, I love that healthy food is "exotic!"

Alexis March 2, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Can you give me the recipe for you quinoa-raisin-balsamic bowls? yumm!!!

whatkateiscooking March 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I'm not a nap person- even if I've gotten very little sleep, I just can't take a nap! I always wish I could, though :0

Jess March 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM

naps are the best! love the i feel pretty pics:)

healthyhelper March 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM

love the idea of making “i feel pretty” a permanent feature! its such a great idea!

katshealthcorner March 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I'm a nap kind of preson! When I was like 3 year old, I stopped taking naps. But nowadays, I LOVE NAPS! :)

I love the I FEEL PRETTY pictures! What a great idea girl!

xoxo
Kathleen

Amy @ Second City Ra March 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I'm definitely a nap person. Weekends only, though- makes them even more special. :)

Running Betty March 2, 2011 at 6:28 PM

re: neck shoulder pain – there's a spot about an inch below the middle of your collarbone that is kind of soft. When you apply pressure here, it opens up your shoulder in back. I've had a chiropractor use tools here, but sometimes I just tap with my fingertips or use the shower massager, and it opens up my upper back.

Running Betty March 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM

acupuncture, that's another good one for that neck shoulder thing.

yourdailygrace March 2, 2011 at 8:06 PM

I want to wake up from naps and energized and what not but I never do! I go without them and try to keep a beddy time and wake up schedule that does’t leave e feeling exhausted! I felt pretty on the elliptical in my pink polka dot tempo shorts! I like anything with polka dots! I’m also showing my collarbone today with makes me feel good, too! I like it…no clue why?

fashionfitnessfoodie March 2, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Love all the people who sent you pictures :) I am so grumpy after naps but they feel so good! Have you tried aleve? I usually just use a heating pad for neck pain!

ThE DiVa DiSh March 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Love it! Such a beautiful thing to embrace!! :)

Nya March 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I must first say that I love the voice of your blog! It's fun and exciting. This is my first time reading it and well I'm not disappointed. I love your "Mission: I Feel Pretty" what a great way to inspire others to see their own beauty! Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your post and definitely will be stopping in to read more!

Lee @ Fit Foodie Fin March 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

haha. So my mama would tell me that if i made funny faces, it would stay like that.