Do you like my dress? [Senior Ball Pictures!]

by Katelyn Block on June 6, 2011 · 27 comments

Goooood morning blogettes! Nice to see you on this fine morning:) How are you?

I am so glad everyone loved yesterday’s lunch recipe – I am so addicted.

I had lunch with a buddy of mine, and it was a success. I made a quinoa dish for my Ball limo’s dinner, and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved my “cous cous”. Looks like people actually enjoy quinoa:)

Dinner was had with another buddy at Bonefish Grill, which was not New York City-style good, BUT it was grilled salmon nonetheless:) Although it was charred (which is not a fave of mine), the Chimichurri Sauce was spectacular. And they gave me a salad and steamed broc – FO FREE. Wait, so I don’t have to pay extra for some green vegetables? Sweet deal.

———————————————————————————————–

On another note, I am about to ramble…and it is semi-coming out of nowhere. But recently I have been watching So You Think You Can Dance (FAVORITE show in the whole world) and I’ve been wondering.

Is it too late to become a dancer? Or to be a dancer again?

It’s in my blood. My mother was a dancer from when she could walk, and danced while she was preggo with me. So I’ve basically been dancing since before I could walk.

21865_258376374534_677109534_4517557_5972146_n

One of her old dance pictures. Don’t I look JUST like her?

I danced until I was ten, and then we moved to Upstate New York. She didn’t want me to do anything involving expensive costumes, so the dancing stopped. Rochester why are you so expensive?!

For all of you So You Think You Can Dance fans, here is a little trip down memory lane Smile

Gravity–Kayla and Kupono

Ahhhh I cry every time.

My friend and I are using that song for a project we are doing on A Streetcar Named Desire. We are also using Poker Face. Go figure.

———————————————————————————————–

Time to get down to business. I promised y’all some Senior Ball pictures, so here they are! Hopefully you can tell which one I am Winking smile

250594_10150320416124535_677109534_9909649_372914_n

254584_10150254690596789_600316788_8774857_8126656_n

IMG_4905

Also you can check out all of the recipes from my Indulgence Friday post here.

Thanks Lisa:) Youdabest.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Were/are you a dancer?

Yes bring it backkk.

What did your senior ball/prom dress look like?

See above.

Have you ever been to Bonefish? If so, favorite dish so I can go back again and get it:)

Please and shank ya!

xoxox,

Signature

healthyhelper June 6, 2011 at 7:29 AM

LOVE your dress! It is so adorable!!!!

I took dance classes when I was younger but I didn't like them for some reason. Now I wish I would have stuck with them because I would love to be a good dancer!

Christina June 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Your dress is darling! Hahaha, look at them men posin!
I've never actually been to Bonefish but my mom and dad went and I remember my mom raving about how good the seared ahi tuna was!

Your mom is gorgeous! and you're right, you look JUST like her!

movesnmunchies June 6, 2011 at 7:56 AM

YESS iuse to dance! i danced for 7 years!! imiss it SO MUCH!!! YAY U LOOK HAWT girl fran!!.. we dnt have a senior ball! not fair!

LauraLikesDesign June 6, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Your dress looks so cute on you! And you look just like your mom–esp. your eyes!

I was a dancer for 9 years and then quit cold turkey and started long-distance running and have never looked back. My favorites were tap and hip-hop.

@nutritiouskate June 6, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I love bonefish grill their fish is always amazing! I also love your dress so cute and flirty.

Anne June 6, 2011 at 8:38 AM

your dress is so pretty!
and you MUSTTT try the baja fish tacos. they. are. divinnnnnneeee.

applesnoats June 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM

your dress is beautiful i love the sparkles and you look gorgeous!!!!
You should totally go for dancing again, if i was even somewhat good at it I would!!!

leashieloo June 6, 2011 at 10:21 AM

You look so pretty in that dress! I love the color and general poufiness! And yes, we have a Bonefish here and it's way delish. I haven't had the chimichurri, but the pan-Asian sauce is also good!

Emma June 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM

If dance is something that you love then you should totally take it up again! I know in college a lot of time they will have like dance clubs or classes that are more low key, you should check them out for next year! My senior prom dress was quite questionable haha…you looked beautiful!!

Lolzthatswim(andRun) June 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I am an awful dancer but I enjoy it. I lurve lurve lurve your dress. You can bring it down here and we can go on many fancy dates and I can wear 1 of the 10000 dresses I seem to have accumulated.

Rachel June 6, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Bonefish is one of my favs!! If you eat shrimp you must get their bangbang shrimp.. only $5 on Wednesdays.. I get it to go and it comes with a whole loaf of bread and oil. SO much food for only $5.

Jaclyn June 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM

You look gorge! That dress looks so pretty on you :)

Alyssa June 6, 2011 at 2:22 PM

UM, I LOVE YOUR DRESS.

And I sooo love SYTYCD. I'm obsessed with the old dance to Michael Buble's "At This Moment." gaaaahhh.

And you do look just like yo mama. So pretty! :)

Sweet Cheeks June 6, 2011 at 3:13 PM

ahhh you look adorable! I love cute short dresses like that!

bonefish…um yeah. you can't go wrong with any of the seafood! I got the crab legs last time i was there and i was in heaven!

Amy @ Second City Randomness June 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM

It's so funny… when I was in high school, the short dresses hadn't come into trend yet. Sad. Because my legs are one of my favorite things about myself… lol

Lilly June 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM

You look supa pretty chickadee! Oh boy did I dance and shake my booty haha actually I did ballet from age 3-19 :) and danced in a professional company for a bit – its never to late girl, if you have the passion and drive then go for it!

fiercetyper June 6, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Girl, you're never too old to start dancing. I've been a dancer for 21 years but so many of my friends on my dance company are AMAZING dancers and it always blows my mind that some of them only started dancing in college. Some people are just MADE for dancing, ya know?! I bet you're one of them :-)

Nicole A June 6, 2011 at 11:05 PM

a) LOVE your dress
b) um look at your CALVES girlfriend! dayummmmm
c) You look EXACTLY like your mom. granted everyone says that about me and my mom and it drives me nuts bc I don't quite see it (I mean, we look related, but not identical) but like whoa! obvs you're both gorgeous :)
d) go dance your heart out ;)

n

Stephanie June 7, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Holy man you look just like your mom. And I looove your dress. I'm wearing my grad dress in my bloggy pic, actually. It looks like this: http://cultureofcute.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/
I did ballet when I was younger, and I figure skated (sorta close) for thirteen years but I stopped three years ago and miss it dearly.

TheNewHealthy June 7, 2011 at 1:28 AM

You look beautiful in your dress!! And oh my gosh, before I scrolled down I totally thought the pic of your Mom was you!!! You are her twin! :)

Science&Bananas June 7, 2011 at 2:32 AM

What a sweet video! My friend is also in love with SYTYCD and she cries during like every episode! lol. cheezeball :-)
I used to do ballet then went to modern dance and did cheerleading, but around the end of my sophomore year, I grew tired of dance. Now I wish I had stuck with it!
Your dress is so cute! Mine was this long, elegant, coral colored satin gown that I had saved up for and bought with my own money from Saks. It's still hanging in my closet & I've totally used it for a gala I had to go to! It's a keeper ;-)

feerlessfood June 7, 2011 at 2:53 AM

You look gorgeous Katelyn! My dress was blue with these sparkly… Oh wait… uh oh. Ha now, I had a tux that with a pale blue vest that matched my girlfriends dress

Hillary June 7, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Look at those sexy runner's calves!!!

Yes, I was a dance and I LOVE SYTYCD… except I haven't started watching this season — gotta get on it.

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods June 7, 2011 at 8:20 AM

LOVE the dress! Everyone looks gorgeous!

lactosefreelizzie June 7, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I love your dress it's gorgeous!
I haven't been a senior in high school yet so I don't have a dress to talk about, but hopefully it'll be as cute as yours! :)

Casey June 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Cute dress! and date ;) lol