The Perfect Barbie Chair Salad + The Last Day!

by Katelyn Block on June 11, 2011 · 24 comments

Gooood morning friends! How are you doing?

I am daaaandy Smile Yesterday was my last day of senior year, and it was emotional to say the least. But it was ALSO a lot of fun.

Quickly, thank you thank you for your sweet comments on my last post!!! I loved hearing what y’all love about yourselves Smile

Now onto the good stuff.

Since yesterday was my last day, and I happened to have four free periods, my friends and I decided to celebrate.

One of our librarians’ names is Mrs. Buttersworth. So natch, we were joking with her about making pancakes and bringing them in with some Mrs. Buttersworth pancake surrp.

IMG_5031

So that is exactly what we did.

Mrs. Buttersworth with her sizzurp:

IMG_5036

Some o f the boys decided they wanted some pancakes too, so they ate:

IMG_5033

They laaaaahhved the mint chocolate chips and sprinkles I put in the pancake batter Smile

Obvs I didn’t eat any (they were not gluten-free or vegan, clearly) but I had a toooon of BabyCakes chocolate chip cookies that I made so I ate six…or sixty…of those Smile

Picha with the crew and Mrs. B!

IMG_5034 (2)

And then the last fifteen minutes of the day were spent with the Class of 2011 and counting down the minutes to the end of senior year:

IMG_5061

Aweee 2011 <3

—————————————————————–

Now onto dinnah!

We tried out a new restaurant, that although it didn’t have the best seafood I was hoping for, it was not too bad!

We started off with some house salads, which were teeny tiny.

As the Padre would say, “You can always tell how good a restaurant is by how large its vegetable portions are.”

This was the salad bowl:

IMG_5071

As the Madre said, “It would be the perfect Barbie chair!”

Haha soooo teeny tiny.

So in terms of vegetable portions, this restaurant was noooot that good.

As my entrée, I got the Macadamia-Nut Encrusted Mahi Mahi with a Blueberry Coulis.

IMG_5072

Oh my goodness. The blueberry coulis made this dish taste like a freaking blueberry pancake. So good.

The zucchini on the side was pretty good, but it was skimpy! Where are the veggies?!

I was only able to eat half of this sucker, that was a HUGE piece of Mahi Mahi! If we hadn’t gotten hummus for an appetizer (unpictured) I probs would have had more tummy room Smile

————————————————————————–

As I type this, I am watching the third episode of the Bachelorette on Hulu. I have to be serious about two things:

1. Bentley is a D*CK.
  2. Mask guy is a total creepo.

Men are so weird sometimes. One Twitterer commented that I should give props to Bentley for being the cliché douchebag because he adds entertainment.

Sorry, but I don’t think that a dickwad breaking a girl’s heart is entertaining.

But you know, that’s just my UNBIASED female opinion.

What do you think?

————————————————————————–

I’m about to go on a run with the Padre, so since it is SUMMER now, I have more time to blog and I might be able to post this evening!

Seeeee you latah <3

xoxox,

Signature

kaila@ healthy helper! June 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I luuuurve mahi mahi! And that blueberry sauce sounds amazing!!!! Your last day sounds like it was SO fun! I love that you guys did that pancake thing! So funny!

Abby June 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Bentley is awful! I can’t believe anyone with a conscious would act that way!

movesnmunchies June 11, 2011 at 1:04 PM

BENTLY IS SUCH A DICK!!! ahah HATE HIM!

Melissa June 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Your mahi mahi looks amazing!! What restaurant did you go to? My dad made us grilled salmon with honey mustard glaze last night….it was delish! Have a great run!

Katelyn June 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM

We went to the Back Nine Grill! It's pretty new, it's by Oak Hill!

Emily June 11, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Small vegetable portions are so annoying! People get 3/4 of their plate piled a mile high with french fries and I have to pay extra for 3 soggy pieces of broccoli. Unacceptable.

Katelyn June 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM

SERIOUSLY it drives me bonkers!

Red Deception June 11, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Is it strange that I DO NOT remember my last day of high school? Or University?

I am so unsentimental that way – I think I just wanted to be done and out of there!

beyondbananas June 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Congrats on your last day! now it is on to a summer of fun and graduation parties! Enjoy every moment you get to spend with your friends~

tricia June 11, 2011 at 6:21 PM

the mahi looks great!

Ellie June 11, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I have no idea who Bentley is haha! but I know that I love your pictures with your amigos~ahhhh what a crazy and blessed time in your life! God bless ya on what's coming up soon for you, and Mrs. B is actually really cool for joking with you guys in return :P

Matt June 11, 2011 at 7:49 PM

That mahi looks ridiculously amazing. WANT.

Lindsay June 12, 2011 at 1:28 AM

Congrats on being done with high school!!! Kind of a big deal!!

Lolzthatswim(andRun) June 12, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I love the mahi mahi. So freaking good.

That is seriously hilarious about Mrs. Butterworth. I wish we had an interesting library but mine was mean and grumpy. I am super jealous your school made you pancakes. Uh why was our school not ontop of that.

Katelyn June 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Hahaha nooooo my friend and I went back to her house and made them, and then we went to wegmans for the sizzurp. I LOVE HAVING MY LICENSEEE

trailroadcrosscountrytrackrunner June 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM

That Mrs. Butterworth thing is sooo funny! I wish my school was that interesting…

I've never had mahi, but it looks really good! I agree…that is a skimpy portion of veggies!

Congrats on being done with high school! I still have another year to go, haha

Rachel June 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM

whenevs I order hummus as an appetizer I can't help but dig right in and halfway spoil my appetite…I get carried away :)
AND I am not a fan of barbie-sized veg. portions either!

CONGRATULATIONS on highschool being OVER though!

Kendra June 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I seriously HATE Bentley!! He's such a self-absorbed a-hole…I hope he knows that by being on this show all it is doing is making it impossible to ever date a female ever again!

Rebecca June 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Congratulations on graduating! I love how you brought pancakes to your teacher — how cute is the name "Mrs Buttersworth"!

I totally agree that restaurant veggie portions are WAY too small. And then all the entrees are huge! A teacup of iceberg and some yellow croutons does not a salad make ;)

Rebecca June 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

dana June 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM

I watched one season of the Bachelor and then gave it up. You're right, watching slimeballs play a bunch of women is NOT entertaining. Yuck.

Heather @ GHWH June 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Haha love the unbiased opions ;) Have a great run!

Ally June 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I started a new gluten-free, vegan lifestyle in April and I LURVE it!!! I HATE Bentley!

jenn @ p&c June 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM

awww how cute is ms buttersworth the librarian!? love it!

and that salad bowl WOULD make the perfect barbie chair =)