HLS Day 2!

by Katelyn Block on August 23, 2011 · 16 comments

Hiiiiii there! Hope you’re all feelin snazzzy today :)

I’m not (still have a headache from this weekend — I attribute it to lack of sleep. Don’t give me that look), but now that I’ve spent some quality time at the gym (dying) and tweeting (chatterboxing), I feel a little bit more human.

Since there are a million recap posts on HLS, I am going to give you the pictures and spare you the long details. After all, a picture says a thousand words, right?

Leggggo!

Fruit + hard boiled eggs and Oikos = Saturday morning breakfast. Satisfying and deeelish.

Attune spooooon! This will be handy dandy and caaaa-ute in my dorm room, no?

Me, Clare, Lisa, and Jamie posing with a giant spatula. What, you don’t have one at home?

Lunch break! Chickpea-Quinoa Salad atop fresh greens, drizzled with lemon-miso vinaigrette (at least I think that’s what it was).

Some people go to salad bars — we go to sandwich bars. GH bread, Kath approved.

A sampling of every Naturally Nutty nut butter flavor available: Vanilla Almond, Chocolate Cherry, Toffee Something, and another one that was really good. All I cared about was getting dat shit in mah belly.

Jac, me, Emily, Callie, and Janetha. Parade of the blondes! (and strawberry blonde ;))

Gena, myself, and Tina. Aren’t they beautiful?! And look at Gena with that gorg baby glow!

Us girls at the fountain before dinner!

Our restaurant of choice? Farmicia, a restaurant that uses high-quality local, organic ingredients.

The vibe inside was relaxed, classy, and warm — we felt welcome right away!

After we were seated, I scanned the menu to find options for all tastes — including vegetarians and vegans. The gluten-free options were abundant as well. Although I am no longer a vegetarian, this is always a sign of a good restaurant.

Within a few minutes, we were greeted with delicious, doughy sourdough bread and a garlic-dill whipped butter.

Clearly I went back for seconds.

MaryAnne, me, and Lauren.

Before we dug in, Lauren led a beautiful toast.

Cheers!

Time to eat :)

I ordered the Sweet Corn Croquettes with roasted red pepper-almond sauce and sauteed spinach leaves. The waitress said it was the hottest item on our menu, so I had to order it. When in Rome!

It was delicious, but I could only eat about half. Those croquettes were huuuuge! (TWSS)

Dessert was had at Sweet Endings again, but unfortunately there were no more celebrity sightings. However, there was froyo!

Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate frozen yogurt topped with crumbled Oreos, chocolate chips, and mini Reese’s cups.

Can you tell I was craving a sweet&salty combo?

The night ended with us girls talking until the wee hours of the night, aka 1:30 am.

IHadaGoodNight.com.

My Sunday recap is here, which isn’t that exciting because it was spent mostly sleeping ;)

That’s all for today mah loves, I’m off to have breakfast with Lisaboo! And then I have a lunch date with another girlfriend…and a coffee date. I think it’s safe to say I’m booked solid.

Have a great Tuesday, bloggy boos!

xoxox,

Katelyn

pumpedforpumpkin August 23, 2011 at 7:21 AM

It looks like sooo much fun! I hope I can join everyone one day. It would be so awesome to go to and meet all my favorite bloggers like you! :D
All the food looks absolutely delicious!

Karen August 23, 2011 at 8:36 AM

It was so great to meet you at HLS this year! I had a blast getting to know you on Saturday and hanging out until on Saturday night! Good luck with your movie to SU this week…have a blast in college!!

sara @foodie diaries August 23, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Are you getting SO excited for college!?!?! I cannot wait to read all about your first year, I'm going to live vicariously through you, i wish I was back at FSU!! <3

Katie August 23, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I neeed that spatula in my life.

Did anybody go to Fuel? That was my favorite foodplace in Philly

lactosefreelizzie August 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Sounds like sooo much fun!!! i really need some fro yo right now

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 23, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Looks like a blast of a time! So many gorgeous ladies everywhere!

janetha August 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM

digging this recap! i love that we were able to hang out so much.

runningperspective August 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

so jealousssss wish i went!!!!! and farmacia is so so good i love it there!
and ps girl um once you have that lunch meet up you know what i am talking about YOU BETTER GIVE ME DETAILS!
k thankssss <33

janae jacobs August 23, 2011 at 2:40 PM

SO SO FUN!! I am jealous of you guys all hanging out….I need to meet you!! Girl, you look absolutely gorgeous in all of the pics and the food is making my stomach growl! LOVE YA!

Tara August 23, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I love Farmacia!! I went there with my Grandma to bond over our favorite thing – local, organic, delicious food. I'm so jealous that you went!! I need to get my butt to the HLS next year.. of course I should have gone when it was in my own city, but now I get an excuse to travel to some cool city somewhere else!

TheNewHealthy August 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM

This looks like such a freakin blast! I have to go next year!! You look gorg in all of your photos too!! :)

CJ @ Http://healthy-happy-whole.com August 23, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Reading your recaps makes me wish we could do the weekend all over again!!! I hope you’re having a good last few days at home!!! Xoxo

Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) August 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM

You make me crave omelets all the time now. I’m most certainly going and we can carpool. I also plan to visit you in Syracuse sometime throughout the semester (or multiple times). Yes okay good.

healthyhelper August 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

OMG I need to have a nut butter bar like that!! SO many different choices!!!! Droooooool. Looks so yummy!!!!

cjh002 August 23, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I hope you are having a good last few days at home!!! Wish we could do HLS again this weekend!

katshealthcorner August 25, 2011 at 12:04 AM

You are absolutely GORGEOUS Katelyn!