Quality Time.

by Katelyn Block on November 10, 2011 · 27 comments

Gooood morning chickadoodees! How are ya?

Today is going to be a daunting day. Yesterday was sunny delicious beautiful up here in the ‘Cuse, and today it’s supposed to rain. Wah. SO I am cheering myself up with a freezing cold cup of iced coffee (thanks to the fridgey fridge) and a smoothie a la CK’s Kitchen. And memories of yesterday’s sunshine.

Beautiful.

Oh, the good old days. It’s like only yesterday the sun came out and we didn’t have to wear parkas…

Just kidding, that was yesterday. Eff you, Upfrost New York.

I also spent some quality time being really productive at the park and swinging on swings.

Like I said. Quality time.

And then I got coffee, ate a lot of Larabars (and when I say a lot I mean like Larabar overload if that’s even possible), and made my schedule for next semester. It looks a liiiiittle bit like nothing to do with health or nutrition with the exception of one class, but in all seriousness I have NO idea what I want to do with my life at this very moment.

I want to write, I want to communicate, and I want to be around people. I want to make change for people to have better lives and live in a better world. Whether that leads me down a road of writing for magazines, arguing as a lawyer in the courtroom, writing research grants, or blogging professionally, I have no idea. This is my time for exploration. I’ve been taking courses that I love, and courses that I hate.

Currently, I plan to sign up for classes in nutrition, communications, public policy, collaboration on what the future should look like, critical issues in the U.S., and cultural anthropology. A large mix of things, but honestly, these classes all sound amazing and interesting to me and I can’t wait to see where they lead me. But always, blogging and writing regularly will be a part of my life.

Mrow. Love every single one of you. Let’s be biffs?

Kaysoundsgood.

I’m off to bio lab (don’t wanna talk about it — snoozefest), have a good Thursday boos!

What does “quality time” mean to you?

xoxox,

Katelyn

Pin It

Lee-ski November 10, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Is that first picture your school? If so…HOLY BEAUTIFUL. Suriously. Girl, change your mind as many times as you need to! I like your mixture of classes, that is exactly what I did and I couldn't be happier with my academic track. You are going to be great at whatever you decide to do because your passionate, smart, and driven. Have fun at Bio Lab….at least you're getting it over with this semester :)

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:04 PM

YESSS that is the beautiful Hall of Languages viewed from Newhouse School of Public Comm. Gorg. Aweee thanks chica :) youdabest

lactosefreelizzie November 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM

your school is gorgg!
and for the record, its totally okay tht u dont know what to do! college is for figuring out what you want to do and finding yourself! :)

angryrunner November 10, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I didn't know what the hell I wanted to do at 18. I'm 32 now and still have no clue. There is plenty of time to enjoy other stuff!

But if you're bored you should wander through the law school and look at the composite pictures – you'll find Joe Biden's up there as well as mine (different years, I'm not that old. lolz.). Ha.

(Okay, you'd have to be really bored to do this. But your pictures made me nostalgic!)

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Ahahaha oh my god I will!!! I had a class in Grant today too, ironically.

Tara November 10, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Wow, the campus is beautiful!! I bet it looks nice even when it's raining. It is frustrating to not know what exactly you want to do with your life, but you should enjoy exploring things while you're figuring it out! There are so many different things to learn about, and I feel like some people are too quick to jump into one thing that they want to do. Cultural anthropology sounds like it's going to be interesting!

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Ahaha it's a monSOON when it's raining!

runningperspective November 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM

your school is soooo pretttyyyy. love it. i am comingg. miss you girl<33

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:05 PM

GOOD kay see you soon ;)

purelyemily November 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Your campus is beautiful! I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I know what I enjoy doing, but I don't know what career would suit me best.

christina November 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM

IS THAT YOUR CAMPUS? so pretty!!

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Yeah chica come visit!!!

earthygurl November 10, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Those tree's are gorgeous! I love the Fall:) I also would like swings more if they didn't make me nauseous.
Keep following where your heart is leading you<3 Do what you love, not what pays the best.
I'm sure you will end up finding just that which will inspire you to no end, and those who come in contact with you:)

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

You are so wise g-fran. I will. <3

mekeck11 November 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM

your school is beautiful:) quality time for me would just be doing something I love to do like listening to music while drinking some Starbucks:) coffee makes everything better;)

mekeck11 November 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Ahahah girl you are ON TARGET — coffee makes everything better.

Lolzthatswim(andRun) November 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM

The weather was so nice and then today it is crappy. Tomorrow it will be crappy…crap crap crap. Whatever. HA. Anyways quality time for me is time to myself and with friends.

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Ickkk I know. And it's homecoming weekend!

Haley November 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM

oh. my. gosh. your school is beautiful! i know everybody else has said it too but wow! and quality time to me means driving in the car by myself. i don't know why but it feels so good to be able to drive around without anybody else

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Know what you mean. I miss my car more than anything, and I went home for a day and drove and it was magic. Pure magic.

Brittany November 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM

What the heckkk it is gorgeous up there!!! I am totally with you about not knowing what to do with your life. I am in the middle of my sophomore year and have not picked a major yet and have been taking tons of classes trying to figure it out! I think I want to do something with writing or communications as well but who knows! WE're still young though, we have time ;D

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Seriously, enjoy the time while you've got it!

Livv November 10, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Love this. What you said is so much like I feel, I want to help others and make a big difference in people's lives, but I'm really not sure how to go about that right now! Best of luck in finding what you want to do, I vote professional blogger!:) and quality time is so time spent doing things that you love and that's All that matters!

Katelyn November 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Ahahahah awe thank you! That is literally the sweetest thing ever

feerlessfood November 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM