What I Like to Eat Wednesday

by Katelyn Block on November 30, 2011 · 34 comments

Goooood morning pookie bears of sunshine! How are you?

I am sunshiney delicious with a bowl of oat-tastic chocolatey goodness in front of me, and a giant mug of coffee.

It’s gonna be a good day.

Today’s WIAW post is not going to be what I actually ate in one day, because yesterday I got a sweet lovely comment from a blog reader telling me I was anorexic. That kind of thing really cheers me up. So, instead of giving you a play-by-play of my eating life, I will give you a bunch of foods as of late that I love to eat. Personally, I think this is way more fun because I have an awful memory and tend to eat a lot of the same foods over and over again.

Let’s begin!

(Sortof)

These Are a Few of My Favorite Foods

An ode to: Pumpkin Butter.

Oh, pumpkin butter. How pumpkin-y you are. You spread so nicely on top of my whole-wheat sandwich thins and make my coffee taste like an Yankee-Candle autumn miracle. This is my bloggy ode to you.

I like: Coffee.

Does this really surprise you? It shouldn’t. I like to smell coffee beans. I like to grind my coffee beans in my grinder at all times of the night (including 4am on one Saturday night in particular — sorry floor mates). My coffee maker makes me happy because it makes me beautiful fresh coffee at any time of the day I want. Did you know that I literally wake up and smell the coffee? I call that a COLLEGE miracle.

I trick myself into thinking I’m eating candy when I’m really eating: Dark Chocolate-Covered Almonds.

Oh, almonds covered in dark chocolate. You make my tummy swoon. I see chocolate, but it is all a genius mask for what truly lies within you: nutritious and delicious almonds. I can feel like a kid eating Almond Joy’s but really be doing my lipid layers a favor. You melt amazingly beautifully into my hot and steamy chia’d oat bran and make breakfast taste like a hot fudge sundae pie.

I eat too much: Oat Bran.

It’s true. I eat too much of you. If there was another yummy microwaveable healthy thing out there, trust me, I would eat it but there isn’t. So it’s just you and me, oat bran. Stickin it out and topping ourselves with punkin butter, pumpkin seeds, and mixing it all up with chia seeds. Just don’t go to the seedy area of town. (hehe. bad joke)

Better than other milk: Almond Milk.

Oh, almond milk. You taste yummy in my coffee and make my oats creamy coo. You give my smoothies vanilla flava and help me late at night when all I want is a gosh darn hot chocolate. For future reference, I have discovered the greatest quickest most amazing microwave hot chocolate recipe ever.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 small squares dark chocolate, or 1 regular-sized square
  • 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 7-10 drops liquid vanilla stevia

Directions:

Add ingredients, microwave, and stir all together. Try not to drink too fast or you’ll burn your tongue. (trust me I learned from experience)

My favorite food ever: Hummus.

Hummus yummus. You’re yummy in my tummus. I like to eat you with veggie’s vamos (quickly — question mark) and with a spoon. You are infused with fairy dust. One day I will go to Greece and eat you for dinner every night (not that I don’t already).

That’s all for now pookies! I have a (not so) busy day ahead of me, so I’m going to take advantage of the available time and look for internships, go to the gym, maybe take a nap… I’m livin the sweet life. ;)

What are your favorite foods recently?

Check it out: 10 Things 90s Kids Will Have To Explain To Their Children (via ThoughtCatalog)

xoxox,

Katelyn

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness November 30, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Almond milk and stevia are like my staples to life. Oh and coffee. I drink it like its water.

Lately I’m all over candied ginger. SO GOOD. And Oikos frozen greek yogurt is SO SO YUMMY

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Coffee and water aren\’t the same thing? Oops.

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling November 30, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I’ve been looking for an all-natural hot chocolate mix and haven’t been able to find one. I am so trying that recipe sometime soon:)

Chelcie @ Chelcie's Food Files November 30, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I LOVE that kind of trader joes hummus! so good! I also recently found that Sabra has buffalo style hummus..its pretty bomb I finished half of the container last night

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:33 AM

BUFFALO? Like spicy? Betch I\’m gonna eat dat shit with some bleu cheese!

Eva @LittleMissGymRat November 30, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Um, holla. just “YUP”-ed every food you listed. I eat all of those something like… DAILY… and I thoroughly enjoy it every time. Don’t get me wrong, changing it up once in a while is nice, but these are def the foods I come back to. LOVIN IT.

Catherine November 30, 2011 at 11:05 AM

woahh they gotta hop off the hate bus!!!

it’s really offensive to make comments about an eating disorder, and its so easy to make ignorant statements over the computer anonymously.. and i really hope you dont let it get to you too much because…..

YOURE SO TOTALLY AWESOME and youre having a good time in life so whatevess they don’t matter

bee tee dubs ever try putting pumpkin pie spice in your coffee after its brewed??….BALLING i die

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Ah! Thank you love. It is seriously so not okay and don\’t worry chica, I don\’t let them asshole commenters get to me, the hate bus = the short bus. Naa mean?

And YES. Omg. Magic.

John November 30, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Everywhere I go, almond milk seems to be very popular, I guess I am going to buy some soon. Dark Chocolate-Covered Almonds are great.

Lindsay November 30, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Why does my life suck? I hate that Texas lacks a trader joes. I miss out on these wonderful things like pumpkin butter. Oh how I am so jealous of you and your good eats.

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:35 AM

You can make punkin butter!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat November 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I either currently have or plan to purchase all of those TJs items. Such quality products! The pumpkin butter with their honey goat cheese on toast is life-changing.

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:36 AM

AHH! Did I mention I eat it every day on WW sandwich thins with pumpkin butter and goat cheese? Literal party in my mouth.

Tasha @ Dine n Dash November 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I’ve been obsessed with TJ’s pumpkin butter too and used it to make some oat-tastic bars the other day. I’m gonna have to try the pumpkin butter in coffee! great idea!

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Send me some of those oat bars? #notkidding

Haley @ Health Freak College Girl November 30, 2011 at 1:12 PM

pumpkin butter is seriously my life. it’s like crack. then again i don’t know anything about crack. but anywhoooo hummus is my life too. totally the bomb diggity

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:38 AM

I once met someone who was on crack. Never again.

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss November 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM

THAT hummus is the best hummus. my best friend had me eating it all of thanksgiving day.

read: half that container.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 30, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I’m totally trying your easy peasy hot cocoa recipe! And that hummus looks like the bomb.

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count November 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hummus is wonderful!!

Dolce November 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM

First of all, that rude person who made that comment had some serious issues, EVERYONE EATS DIFFERENTLY! Jeezloise. People make me mad. Don’t let that bother you girl. Justfogetaboutit:). Second of all, love those eats! Fortunately a Trader Joes is opening up by me so I will be able to FINNALLY try pumpkin butter.

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Eeee there\’s one coming by me too! Otherwise I have to wait until I go to canada, pennsylvania, or nj to get some TJ\’s goodies. What is my life.

Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine November 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Lately, I have been loving PB2 Chocolate – that stuff is AMAZING!

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:40 AM

That stuff exists?! #needtogetsomeasap

Lizzie November 30, 2011 at 7:47 PM

TJ’s almond milk is seriously THE BEST ive ever had.

better than UVAB by farrr!

Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles November 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I love that white bean & basil hummus – so freaking delicious (and addictive).

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Mmmm Your eats look FAB! I’ve been loving me some cinnamon, oats and chocolate lately! OH and Christmas Blend coffee from Starbies!!

xxoo

Katelyn December 1, 2011 at 1:41 AM

AHH. A new nickname for sbux!

Jessica December 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I have heard so many good things about oatbran, but I still haven’t tried it! Your picture makes it look great….I need to pick some up ASAP!

christina December 1, 2011 at 12:31 PM

well that was rude of that blog reader. your big sis will virtual slap her. ummm i need to buy that hummus. i’ve been contemplating it every time i go to TJs… and now i will take your word for it!

Professor Vegetable December 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I love almond milk!!!

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons December 1, 2011 at 3:42 PM

that sweet lovey comment leaving reader can SUCK IT! Who was it? seriously i will whip up an email so damn fast……

judgement is for jerks. srsly.

love your face off! and that pumpkin butter photo is GORGEOUS! so vibrant! i love!

Hillary January 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I haven’t had oatbran in forever. Gotta get on that!