I am having an amazing upon amazing day. And I am happy. Hellooooo coffee smiles! Hellloooooo snow! (the first of the season, mind you)
I have to apologize that there are no pictures in today’s post. How boring of me. Well too bad because I like to think my words are highly colorful, don’t you think? I made homemade mocha java coffee yum yum out of our:
- Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee (that we freeze to keep it fresh — how clever of ma-ma-Madre)
- unsweetened Ghirardelli cocoa powder (aka magic in a can)
- NuNaturals stevia
- unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
Usually I am a fan of black coffee (with stevia only — no milk), but lately I’ve been loving the luxury that the almond milk brings. No soy milk, though. It has such a strange taste, and I’ve never been a fan. Tofu, however, I will eat any day. Madre? Dinner? Tonight? Ok good deal.
Did I mention it snowed today? Yeah? I guess I’m just really excited because I live in Snow Country (or Upfrost New York as I like to call it), and I haven’t seen any snow until now this entire season. What is wrong with America. I want to go cross-country skiing! I used to do that so much as a child, it was byfar one of my favorite things to do. I used to live in Concord, NH and would go around the corner to a ball field where there were always groomed trails. From a very young age, I was taught the joy that is cross-country skiing, watching with awe as my Dad zoomed down the trails with a grace only he could muster. My cross-country skiing days were filled with trucking along (ch-ch-chhh), and occasionally falling over when I went down the hills. Those were the most fun, although they scared me terribly.
That reminds me — I hope you all know how afraid of heights I am. I think it comes from being so small, or maybe the fact that I never learned how to down-hill ski (it was always “too dangerous”). Although I do love airplanes. Something about seeing beautiful landscapes from the comfort of a lounge chair and free pretzels makes me a happy camper.
Posts of Note:
- Perfecting Perfectionism (via the ever-lovely Jenny): This girl has always had a spunk I adore, and wrote an unbelievably raw post today about her struggle with eating disorders and gaining weight.
- Today Marks Two Years (via the always-sweet Courtney): Having spent time with Courtney this summer, reading her post about her second-year anniversary with her husband Jay warmed my heart. She is such a loving person, and they are such a joy to read about each day.
- DISCLAIMER: BEFORE YOU STUMBLE FURTHER (via my best friend in the entire world Sarah): I helped her start a blog this weekend and I am so incredibly proud and happy to read her blog posts. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!