Ten Things for Wednesday

by Katelyn Block on February 1, 2012 · 20 comments

Where I would love to be on a day like today.

Ten things for Wednesday! Wheeeee! Let’s get random.

1. I am most definitely sick again. And I most definitely went to bed at 7pm last night and woke up at 8am. It’s fine. NyQuil is a girl’s best friend.
  2. My professor is so smart — I had to miss class last night because I basically was not alive (case in point, come in my room and you will immediately want to leave), and he e-mailed me telling me to drink 16oz. of water every hour. A genius, that man is.
  3. Hot liquids make me need to blow my nose every five minutes. No big deal, I’m just carrying around a whole tissue box. Need a Kleenex? I’m your gal.
  4. The second week of rush starts Friday. I’m really stinkin’ tootin’ excited. Friday: House Tours. Saturday: Pref Round. For those of you who have been through the process, let’s chat outfit ideas. Anyone have a quite blazer they want to lend to me?
  5. Currently: reading Trust Agents. Currently: peeing myself because I have a three-page single-spaced paper on it due tomorrow at 11am. Whatever. Rotolo, you told us we could complain via social media — well, here it is. SINGLE-SPACED? WHY?
  6. Coffee is seriously magical stuff. I couldn’t drink any this morning (I know, who am I?), but had some after my first class and it made me so happy. I blew my nose like twelve times (see “hot liquids” above), but then I was so perky and smiley because it didn’t make me puke. Good day.
  7. It is WARM OUTSIDE! Like, I-don’t-have-to-wear-a-jacket warm! Is this real life?? Yes? Mother Nature, I stinkin love you. Let’s be best friends and jump in puddles. I already did that today, but we can christen the other puddles. Good deal.
  8. I have a new best friend. Her name is Alisa and she is from Moscow. She’s also one of the most chill, down-to-earth, and overall awesome people I know. I’m trying to convince her to rush, but she has this thing where she is just too cool for that. I feel you, sista. Different strokes for different folks. Alisa, if you are reading this — see you in 20 minutes. ;)
  9. The fact that I love doing readings for (most of) my classes makes me so incredibly happy. True Life, I could read Dr. Kwok and Rotolo’s books and articles forever and ever. Mainly because they help me every day to become more and more passionate about social media, blogging, and everything that comes with it. Sweating passion, bleeding enthusiasm.
  10. My awesome magic-sprinkled British professor said the word “magical” today and it made me the happiest girl in the world. Sure, it was in the context of him getting anesthised (is that the correct word? anesthesiologist-ized? put to sleep? anyway) and getting “magical” things done to him in the hospital (I don’t even want to know), HE SAID IT. IN A BRITISH ACCENT. True life, accents make everything cooler.

What are you doing today?

chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM

good luck with the rest of recruitment! I went through last year at the University of Delaware but we do it a little differently and all the girls have to wear jeans and the same t-shirt that they give us for all the rounds..good in a way that we don’t have to worry about finding cute outfits..but I got really tired of that same outfit! i hope everything turns out well for you!

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Ah! I have heard good things about UDel. Apparently you guys have a lot of fun up there. ;)

Words of Wisdom February 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I love the picture above of the room. Shabby Sheek style definitely.

Words of Wisdom February 1, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I love the picture above of the room. Shabby Sheek style definitely.

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM

It is! I would love to decorate a future apartment with a few similar pieces.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I agree that British accents make things adorable. Most things. :)

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Hahhaah truth.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I type most of my posts in a British accent. Doing it now, actually. Cheerio!

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hahahahhaha I love you.

Katie February 1, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I love that you are cheery and funny even when you are feeling not-so-hot. Feel better!

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Thanks, lady! I try.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 1, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I LOVED rush when I was older, haha we didn’t have to rush girls every party so it was fun to just walk around and meet a bunch of girls. I miss that! And it was such great bonding time with the girls already in your sorority. What sorority are you in? I was a Kappa Delta at College of Charleston!

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I don’t think we have that sorority at cuse! I’ve heard beauuutiful things about Charleston though.

Jess@atasteofconfidence February 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Hope you feel better! this weather is craycray. I haven’t worn a coat the past two days!

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Right?! It is SO nice out!

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit February 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM

feel better lovely!!! I’ll be drinking extra cups of coffee just for you until you are well again. Ya know, taking one for the team and all. :)

Katelyn Block February 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM

HAHAH. Trooper, you are!

Emily February 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

soooo i’m not sure how Syracuse is – but at WVU for house tours we always tell the girls going through to wear like a cute/simple dress and flats (Morgantown has a lot of hills so house tours is a day full of walking) and for pref night, it’s VERY DRESSY at WVU so we always say where a very classy and nice cocktail dress with heels. My biggest advice is to look put together and stand out – but nothing over-bearing. For example, one year we had a girl come through with this different and super cute green dress, after the rounds we all remembered her “as the girl with the green dress” During the rounds the sisters meet so many new potential members that it’s sometimes easier to remember a girl by what she was wearing and how she acted than by what her name is.

No matter what, just be yourself – just from reading your blog I can get a good feel for your outgoing, fun, and bubbly personality & that you’d be easy to talk & relate too – I could tell i’d want you in my own sorority here at WVU and im sure that feeling will be mutual among the chapters you visit at syracuse. good luck, keep me updated with how it goes!

Kara February 2, 2012 at 4:59 AM

oooh good luck with rush! i’m sure all the girls will love ya! i lost my voice during rush week last year because i was overly excited and up all night…haha. let us know how it goes ;) i’m a pi beta phi at ucdavis!