The Best Kind of Day

by Katelyn Block on March 7, 2012 · 21 comments

Oh, hey there! Yeah I’m still alive. Just chillin. And basking in the sun.

Gratuitous dancing-on-the-quad picture. This was for the group message I have with my family (see below) because they insisted on photographic evidence of me dancing in the sun.

Aaaaaaand next, my family of the Greek kind, of course. Alpha Xi Delta fam, from left to right: Big x3, Big x2, yours truly, twin, and my Big. Also that’s my giraffe Fitzfluffabumps Meowington Jr. squeezed into the picture. Isn’t he cute? He knows how to read! (thanks Big I love you)

We kind of look freakishly alike. Just to clarify, that is juice // water in those cups. They just happen to be decorated with logos of the Miller kind.

Lately with the weather warming up, I’ve been a bit more motivated to eat well and get some sweat time in my day. I’m usually pretty okay with the way I look, but considering that I haven’t been going out (pledging keeps me safe and sound in the library at all times), I’m a little more conscious of how I look. I haven’t been eating as I should: far too few vegetables, and way too many processed treats. I attest this to my 18-credit load and time-consuming extracurriculars. Down-time is rare, and food is always eaten on-the-go. I’m trying out this new thing where I go to sleep earlier. It’s working out nicely.

Processed foods will be cut out (almost) completely. I’m going to be eating yummy, fresh food (berries, where art thou?!), and hoping that more energy comes along with it. Turns out eating more fresh food and green vegetables makes you feel good — who woulda thunk? ;)

With Spring Break around the corner, I am planning on going home. I’ll be real: I miss my family. Two of my best friends will be home, plus a few of my pledge sisters, so it’s bound to be a great week. Plus, I’m reading this thing like it’s my job:

Not the smoothie, the book. I’ve been drinking so many smoothies this week. I’m proud of myself.

Oh wait, you’re a fan too? Let’s chat! (and I’ll see you at the midnight premiere)

xoxo,
Katelyn

p.s. I miss you guys. Tell me about yo lyfeee.

clare @ fittingitallin March 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

good to know you’re alive. and have strikingly beautiful sorority sistaaaas

Katelyn Block March 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I ruv rooooo

bee May 4, 2012 at 6:23 AM

yeah seriously when can I meet these sexy ladiess

Brandy March 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I have tix to the midnight premiere, wooooo! Team Peeta! ;-)

HollieisFueledByLOLZ March 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Awe I’m glad you are finding time to blog again with your rigorous schedule. Glad you are going on spring break soon! :)

Kadee March 7, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I’ve been missing your blogs! But I understand being busy with school. That’s a lot of credits!!!!!!

I’m suuuper excited for the Hunger Games… I hope it’s as good as the book.

Ashleysh22 March 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Holy crap. Yes. I will absolutely be at the midnight showing. I seriously can NOT wait!

Lorin March 8, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Glad you are back for a bit. I’m feeling the same way. I’ve definitely gained weight this quarter with bakery class and another cooking related class and just always being busy and depending on not-so-healthy things. I’m definitely upping my game in the health aspect of my life. Btw, I couldn’t tell but is the pledging thing/not going out sarcasm or no? I know some sororities don’t let their pledges drink on a weekend or something. My roommates are in a sorority chi omega so that’s how I know that. Not sure if it was sarcasm or not, just clarifying :)

Katelyn Block March 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hahhaa no not sarcasm, I’m not allowed to be at parties or on frat property, even during the day. Panhell rules!

Lorin March 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM

OH gotcha. I know for my roommates it was just a weekend. I guess I just didn’t understand how not going out would make you more conscience of what you look like..I thought it would be the more you go out the more conscience of what you look like since you’re dressing up and taking pictures and stuff..

Nescett @ bananaoats March 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

You have to hurry and finish that up before the movie next week! Can’t wait.

Tracy March 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM

We miss you too! Hope you enjoy your spring break :)

Kate March 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM

SOO excited for the Hunger Games movie. Wish I could go to the midnight premiere, but that’s going to be my last night in Florida for spring break, and I have to make a 7 a.m. plane flight the following morning. It’s on my agenda first thing when I arrive home though! I hope they do the books justice.

Hope you have a most wonderful break!

Jessica @ Busy Living Healthy March 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Cute pics!! I definitely need to add more greens to my diet again. A lot of carbs have been eaten. ;) I am in love with the Hunger Games! I’m on the second book, but I had to stop reading because of school. So jealous of the sunshine!

Katie March 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Heyy!!! Missed your posts lately! I need your randomness to make ME feel normal most of the time, ;) I also can’t believe you’re reading the Hunger Games! I can’t wait for the movie. Team Peeta or Gale? :D lol

And by the way.. (as if I haven’t just constructed an extremely long and annoying-sounding comment) Have you heard about Kony 2012 yet? It’s gone viral and I don’t know if you’re into those kinds of things, but I was hoping you’d do a post about it or something to spread the word.

Enjoy your spring break! :)

Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee March 9, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I love the Hunger Games! Have you read it before, or is this your first time? It is such a great story. :) Have an amazing Spring break.

Meredith @ DareYouTo March 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Yessssss the Hunger Games is such an addicting series. Can’t wait for the movie… so soon! Congrats on the sorority and your adorable lineage family :)

As for me, I’ve been MIA and a hermit with work and grad classes, too. BUT, as you say, the weather is a nice reminder to have a life and make room for pleasure and healthy habits! Keep it up, and enjoy the book! Really try to savor it; the saddest moment is when you finish book 3 and there is no more. (Well, except the movie…)

Lynn March 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Hey!
So I am kind of obsessed with your blog and can I just say that you are a total and complete inspiration to me? I absolutely love your zest for life and I can only hope that one day I can match your enthusiasm. I hope you are having the absolute best time in college!

Lexi @ Cura Personalis Foodie March 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Looks like you’re having a blast with your sisters! No sororities/fraternities here at Georgetown, so it’s interesting to see someone else’s perspective :)

Tayla March 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Do you go to Syracuse University?? I was at LeMoyne but my Fiancee goes to ESF! I could tell from the photos that I’ve been there haha…I absolutely LOVE your blog! You’re an inspiration :)