HALLELUJAH.

by Katelyn Block on May 14, 2012 · 8 comments

I am praising the clouds, the earth below me, and even this little laptop that helps me get through every gosh-awful paper I’ve had to write this year.

Needless to say, it’s been a whirlwind.

I just got all of my final grades in, and while a couple of them aren’t where I was hoping (I would much rather have A’s, but one or two will suffice I guess), I passed all of my classes. And I passed them sufficiently.

I am so happy right now I could kiss my gosh-forsaken textbooks that I’ve been wanting to burn all year. Which I will not do, because it is more productive to sell them.

I’m ready to spend the next few months (hopefully) making money, and most of all, figuring out what in the lawd’s name I actually want to do with my life. My major has gone from Nutrition to Magazine Journalism to PR to iSchool (computer stuff like HTML, the language I speak), and now possibly to Communications Design.

To be honest, it could take me so many different places and has a lot of the components that I’ve been looking for in a major, and most of all, in a career. A few of these are:

• Project-based
  • Creative
  • Room for creative freedom
  • Graphic Design
  • Typography
  • Publications, online and offline
  • Publicity
  • Branding
  • Concept design

And so many more. I get nervous and excited just thinking about it. Hopefully, this is something that I can discuss with a professor in the program and figure out if it really fits me. Because in my life, you honestly can never tell.

So excuse me while I go nosh on some more of these:

Ultimate selfie dork. Sorry bout it. #notsorry

And listen to this. On repeat.

Still job searching. Wish me luck!

How was your Monday?
Current musical obsessions?

xoxo,
Katelyn

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I changed my major about 5 times during college, ended up graduating with my B.A. in Communication Studies last year, and I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do with my life. In time, I know I’ll figure it out, and you will too :).

Irina @ Chocolatea Time May 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Ah those good ole’ days when finals were over and summer freedom was in sight! I’m 1 yr. out of school already and I still miss college (and friends, hw, and even final exams – the good, bad and ugly) daily! Anyway, good luck choosing a major…it’s tough I know! If all else fails, choose engineering :) I’m totally biased though…

Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I knew you were my soulmate. I have an unhealthy but awesome obsession with Justin Bieber’s Boyfriend. I may or may not play it on repeat. I also may or may not dance around in the mornings to it in my underwear.

If only Justin could see me now, he would most def want to be my boyfriend ;)

Lea May 14, 2012 at 10:30 PM

It took me forever to figure out my major, I pretty much waited until my school was all “you have to declare or we’ll charge you extra” to decide.
Communication Design sounds like an awesome major, I’m jealous my university doesn’t offer that. I’m majoring in Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology which is basically like graphic design but also learning how to print the stuff out. It’s kind of a mix of everything, which I love. I also have a dance minor because I couldn’t give it up.
I would totally major in everything if I could, but that might get a leetle expensive.

Baking Serendipity May 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I love the feeling of being done for the semester! Good luck with the job hunt (and major choosing!). I decided late into my junior year of college I didn’t like my major, and I feel like I’ve bounced around between schooling and jobs ever since.

Lisa May 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Great job on the passing grades! Good enough. Oh gracious me, I can relate to you on never being able to decide on what to take at school. I went from computer technology, to law, to criminology, to dental hygiene, to nutrition, I finally decided to take a break on school since I have no idea what I want to do, its driving my a little nutty. Yep, I’m a mess . You’ll figure it out soon though, you’re still super young so you have lots of time :)

Molly@This Life Is Sparkling May 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Girl, I can TOTALLY relate to not knowing what major to pick. I think I’ve changed my mind at least 10 times, just this year. I already transferred schools once, and am contemplating switching again. But I still have no freaking idea what I want to major in. I think I have too many things I’m interested in ;) And I wish you the best on your job search!<3