Lean ‘N Green.

by Katelyn Block on May 23, 2012 · 26 comments

Once again, a workout was on the backburner today and uhh, didn’t happen. That’s fine though. My body hurts. Hurting body = I did something right. I worked almost 12 hours today so I’m pretty sure I not only got a good workout but I also learned a lot about waitressing.

Lesson #1: It’s not easy.

Another thing I’ve learned is that a long day requires healthy yet seriously intense fuel. To the rescue: Green Juice. (insert title: the Lean ‘N Green)

Don’t shake your head at me. I know I’m being lazy (when I could potentially be making my own). It’s fine, I’ll just swipe my debit card because plastic doesn’t mean it’s real money. Wait, what….?

I love lunch breaks. Sunshine, the Village, and happy bellies all around. I wish I had a picture but I was too busy driving. Don’t use your phone and drive, people. It will cost you the dolla dolla billlls. (I am such a great and upstanding citizen sometimes, it kills me)

Clearly I couldn’t just have a juice. Who does that? I don’t. I’m a working woman. Gotta have strength. So, I got a Breathe Burger for substance.

If you didn’t already figure this out, Breathe is not only my favorite place to get healthy things when I’m in a rush (like when I’m working and am trying to get as many hours as possible), but my favorite favorite faaaaavorite (did I say favorite already?) yoga studio.

Wish I had more hours in the day sometimes.

After a long day at work (and I mean loooong…. but super fun. I learned a lot!), I’m going to go catch up with a friend who just got home from school and eventually knock out with one of these.

Sunwarrior protein and almond milk, all shaken up. Like the bottle? Got it in my Blend swag!

How was your day?

Got any advice for me?

xoxo,
Katelyn

Emily May 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM

that breathe place looks so neat! I wish we had cute places like that in WV & also i LOVE LOVE that bracelet you have on!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 3:10 PM

thanks girl! it’s from Lucky.

Brandy May 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM

my advice… don’t get down on yourself for missing workouts :) that 12-hour day sounds intense! Maybe you should get one of those “Body Bug” things so that you can see how many calories you burn just waitressing! My mom wears hers religiously and she gave me a tutorial… it’s super cool. I know Janae (hungry runner girl) wore one when she was training for her marathon too. Cool to see what your body’s doin’ even when you’re not working out!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Body bug? That sounds adorable and handy! I’ll check it out.

Carolyn May 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM

You should probably work at breathe. It’s the greatest place to work on earth. Just sayin.

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I APPLIED! But they don’t want to hire seasonal workers. Super sad face goin on over here.

Diana May 24, 2012 at 1:56 AM

The whole “plastic isn’t real money” thing gets me every time – I know that if I pay for stuff by card, I’ll have a mysterious case of financial amnesia until I check my bank balance (and then a slight panic attack).

That meal from Breathe looks delicious! We’ve got a cafe at my latest yoga studio and the food is INCREDIBLE. I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s definitely on the to do list for after my next class :)

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hahaha storyyyy of my LIFE. But actually though. Really?! Girl, you gotta send me pics. I would love to see what other places have.

Diana May 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

No pictures at the moment (this idiot left her camera cord on another continent and won’t be seeing it again until July), but the menu is here – http://www.triyoga.co.uk/caf-menu/.

Hannah@mindrunningwild May 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I feel like I just need a green juice this morning. Can’t wait to get my blender back….and in the future of my dreams, a vitamix *swoons*
and girl, the reason I never ever use my card is because I’m afraid of spending money unconsciously. I’m a bit of an underspender, but the plastic thing freaks me out!
I never gained the freshman 15, but I’d suggest just making sure you sit still and think about stress. Life can get overwhelming and unless you sit down and think, ‘okay, I need sleep and food and relaxation, etc’ you’ll let it run away with you. Make sure you’re sleeping, which will regulate appetite, but don’t deprive yourself! Take long walks in the sun, smile, and eat what makes you feel rejuvenated!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Seriously. My apartment for next year NEEDS a vitamix. One dayyyy, I swear. Haha, it’s true! I’m a combination spender. I’m either suuuuper scarce, or just spending all my money at once.

It is so. true. I do need to think about my stress levels more and take care of myself. Haha, I need to SLEEP. I love your mantra. Thanks girl.

Lisa May 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I’m glad work is going well for you—you’re on a roll with all those hours!!!
You certainly deserve to splurge on the wonderfulness we call Breathe!
If you ever get a day off, let me know…. :-)

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Seriously. I logged 32 hours so far this week and it’s only Thursday! Haha thanks Lisa :) I miss you already. Can we do something this weekend? I’m not working. ;)

Yellow Haired Girl May 24, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Breathe sounds like a super cool place! I wish I had a place like that near me!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM

It. is. the best.

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness May 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

On your feet waitressing is totally a workout in itself! Two summers ago I worked retail for 8-12 hour days, and with a couple of actual workout seshes thrown in each week, I was in awesome shape that summer! No worries, you got this :)

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Seriously, I am already toning up! And my muscles are finally showing up. Like oh, where have you been hiding?

Vanessa May 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I sure wish we had places (or even one) like that in East TN. your Burger looks yummy! Its expensive though, $9.00!!(well,I think so at least). Anyways, don’t get upset about missing the workout. You had a LONG day!! I don’t think I could do a 12hr work day. You may have already said, but where do you work? I wish you could work at Breathe. :)

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM

SERIOUSLY. So expensive! Buttttt a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. And yesterday, it meant splurging. #ohwell

Girl I wish I could TOO. I applied, and they don’t take seasonal workers cause of how long training takes. Even though I’m already a pro juicer (lolz), I couldn’t convince them. I live a rough life.

Andddd I work at Aladdin’s! http://www.aladdinsonline.com/

clare @ fittingitallin May 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

girl waitressing is a workout in itself – i’m sure it’ll help you naturally shed a few of those unwanted pounds! I know that working retail and being on my feet all day took a long time to get used to!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I already have ;) Waitressing = a miracle on my body. My feet are slowly adapting!

Isa May 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Take me to Breathe! That place looks awesome! yoga and good food in one, luh dat.

waitressing sounds awesome. I would love a job like that in the near future. This summer its chasing crazy twin 8 year old boys around (also known as nannying). So at least were not sitting at desk jobs! alleluia for young, not real people jobs!

Katelyn Block May 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Haha, nannying isssss fun though. ;)