Heyyyy nuggets! Can you believe it’s Friday? And can you believe that I’m too exhausted to stand up, let alone go out? True life.
Recently, I’ve been making much healthier choices (I think), and have also been moving around a lot more. If I wore a pedometer or something equivalent, I’d probably be appalled at the (awesome) damage I’ve been doing.
Since so many of you are in the same boat (trying to lose the Freshman 15, or get back to feeling healthy), I’m here to chat a little bit about what I’ve been eating (and drinking), as well as doing lately to help get my body back in tip-top shape.
Drinking: Water and Starbucks. (because I can)
There’s also been some Diet Coke in there because it keeps my belly full during my shift, please don’t judge me.
- Smoothies first thing in the morning. My recipe: 2-3 bananas, 1 scoop Sunwarrior protein, giant scoop of Sunbutter (about 2 tbsp. probably?), almond milk. This blend keeps me full for about six hours, which is what I need when I’m working from 10am until my break before dinner.
- Whole-wheat pita bread with hummus (goes with working at a Mediterranean restaurant)
- Large salads with feta and Greek dressing (EVOO and lemon juice)
- Healthy vegetarian things
- Small bites of extra desserts (not sorry bout it)
- Falafel and various other Greek things
- Late night snacks include: trail mix (almonds, chocolate), fruit (mainly bananas + apples), magic toast (where did I come up with that name? needs to change), and Sunwarrior with almond milk.
I definitely had a piece of Lemon Mousse cake tonight in the middle of my shift, and I’m not sorry about it. It’s Friday, people. I think a little unhealthy splurging is in order.
- Filling cups
- Delivering food
- Road rage
- Walking from my bed to the kitchen and back
And for all of you that have been giving your love via Twitter, Facebook, blog comments, and emails about my sister, thank you. She is home and doing so much better. Sending love YOUR way. <3
Any additions or suggestions for my current routine?
Plans for this weekend?
That’s a secret I’ll never tell. Kidding.