It’s Good for Me.

by Katelyn Block on May 31, 2012 · 13 comments

Dying, dying, dead. How are you?

I’ve been working a LOT and it’s really good for me…. but it’s also so stressful. I’m learning how to balance my sleep and my sanity all at once. I’m making good money though. This is a good thing.

Been fueling at work with:

Le Tuna Salad. So yum, so filling. You should have it sometime. Plus pita on pita on pita.

I am so tired right now it’s kind of a joke. But I am going to Keep Calm and Blog On. It’s good for me. Among other things:

My favorite snack as of late: Mary’s Gone Crackers with hummus. It doesn’t get much healthier or simpler. Taaaaasty. It’s good for me.

Not only have I been keeping my body happy and healthy (or trying to), I’ve been journaling a lot more. I’ve realized that there is a not-so-fine (but also pretty fine) line between what belongs in my journal and what belongs here on the bloggy. I’ve been journaling a lot. It’s my Meditation.

Small splurge purchase from Barnes and Noble to keep in my tote bag:

How cute? My coworkers thought it was Vineyard Vines. Purchased specifically so I can vent out my feelings while I’m at work for ten hours straight. That’s also good for me.

On that list = spending time with my little nugget:

She’s so weird. Say hello, LillyNugget.

This post is so all-over-the-place. It’s kind of guided by my Instagram photos right about now. Something I’d like to buy for myself later on once I can afford to splurge on a cute little Nook Simple Touch:

Adorable, no? Lilly Pulitzer, I do love you.

I’ve wanted an e-Reader for quite some time, so hopefully this one will be worth (eventually) splurging on. I plan on getting a Certified Pre-Owned one (sounds like a car!) to save some money. Getting thrifty over here!

Anddddd last but certainly not least, the star of the show. The ultimate Good-For-Me item.

Frozen Yogurt.

I thought I deserved this after working double-shifts for a week with no break. It was all I wanted and I got it. All seven dollars and twenty cents of it. Oops. Not ashamed. at all.

There are so many magical flavors in there I can hardly even list them all, including but not limited to:

• Espresso
  • Salted carmel
  • Chocolate-covered pretzel
  • Dark chocolate
  • Cake batter
  • Butterfinger
  • Reese’s
  • Cookie dough
  • Sugar-free chocolate syrup
  • Chocolate chips

Are you dying? I’m dying. Dying, dying, dead.

Time for Mad Men, a snack (Mary’s Gone Crackers with hummus, no question), and bed. I’m sleeping late tomorrow and getting my sweat on. It’s good for me.

What’s Good for You?

xoxo,
Katelyn

Lea May 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM

The froyo looks amazing! I’m trying to restrain and keep my froyo budget under control this summer so I can pay for silly things like gas.
I have a Kindle Fire and I love it! I’ve never used a nook, but they look equally fun too.

Jen June 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Your blog is good for me…you are just the cutest! I’m so glad that you are back – I am a relatively new reader & just as I was really getting into your blog, you disappeared! (I totally understand that you got busy with sorority stuff, etc., but I missed you!) :)

Melissa @ Eat on the Run June 1, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I feel ya! I’m working two jobs right now, but if I weren’t busy, I’m pretty sure I’d lose it! Fro-yo is definitely a great way to treat yourself, you deserve it! Have a lovely weekend :)

Lauren June 1, 2012 at 6:55 AM

That fro yo bowl is making me want to put down this Chobani and RUN to my closest fro-yo place. And it’s not even 7am. :)

Lisa June 1, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Ok, I’d vote for getting an iPad….you can get a cheaper iPad 2 now, and then you can read books on it and simultaneously check your email, facebook, tweet, etc….and it will fit in your handbag :-)

Working so much is tough—but man, you are gonna be rolling in the money!

Got your msg….Maybe we can meet at a yoga class later this afternoon, or do something tomorrow afternoon? I have a meeting in roch tomorrow morning, and am taking a client to hot yoga at 10:30 (I know you’ll be sleeping then)….

Emily June 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM

okkkk, now I am craving fro-yo, that seriously looks delish! & you should def invest in the e-reader, it’s a good investment & will save you some moo-lah down the road, as I’ve found the e-versions of books are much much cheaper, im a thrifty gal myself :)

Katie June 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yum! Those eats look so good, especially the tuna salad!

I know what you mean about journaling being a way of meditation,, though.. I need that kind of stuff to keep me from going insane and tearing everyone around me apart. Me + stress = NOT pretty! Lol!

Keep calm and work on! You’ll be rich and able to splurge on more than an e-Reader soon ;)

Tracy June 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I want that frozen yogurt! I can’t even explain how badly, lol. I might have to attempt to create that at home (no froyo’s here…). The salad looks really amazing too!

I just bought an inexpensive little journal to carry around in my purse for jotting down things- lately my imagination has been full of raw recipes; salads, soups, desserts, etc.. My journal has really come in handy!

Lisa June 1, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I still have never tried frozen yogurt, I know who am I?! Mary’s Gone Crackers rock and so does Mad Men. I’ve been journalling more too, after I stopped doing it for a year, and its helped so much with some emotional struggles going on right now. It’s amazing what writing can do for the soul. Right now, what’s good for me is to lay off on the exercise, I’ve been overdoing it and need to get my health back on track.

Liz @ iheartvegetables June 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I love my kindle. E-readers = awesome! I actually read a lot more just because it’s so accessible. you know?

Maria @ Beautiful Busy Bee June 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM

oh my gosh salted caramel froyo sounds amazing! :)

Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath June 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Iced coffee on a warm day is good for you. Chocolate (in moderation) is good for me. Running is good for me–phyically and mentally! Blogging is definitely good for me.

Love your post!