Thrift Queen Status.

by Katelyn Block on June 6, 2012 · 12 comments

Hey there! Guess who’s sleepy?

This gal. Time for a catnap? Turns out puddy tat kittens aren’t so bad after all.

Tonight I babysat for my neighbors who have an adorable little girl with another bebe on the way. They also have possibly the coolest bar cave on the planet. Wish I could take pics. That ish belongs on Pinterest HGTV. Before that, I worked a ten-hour shift starting at 10am. Can you say ready for bed?

……..I’m doing it all again tomorrow. Until then, I can’t stop staring at my nails,

Anticipating my first visit to the new Free People of Eastview,

And waiting desperately for Friday. Yesterday, I had a day off. Oh, how short and sweet those are. I went thrifting with Cory. He found a shirt he liked.

He should have gotten it, don’t you agree? Perfectly tailored for a classy Luau party.

So fratty and regal. I almost bought this chair.

(kidding) But really, I did find an item I almost purchased. Isn’t it fancy?

I would love to touch it up with some mint green paint and new latch opening things. But I guess I couldn’t scrape out the $34 for that piece of magic. Maybe next time.

However, I did actually purchase something. Make that three somethings. A pair of bright green shorts and bright red ones. Gold chain + pendant necklace on the side. Picture will come eventually. The total? $12. That’s what I call Thrift Queen Status.

Another item(s) that only cost me $12:

That’s the beautiful magic of Amazon.com. Thanks, Gabby B! It was an honor to be tweeted at by you.

I’m off to go get my ~ing on and become a junkie of the spirit variety. I’m working on this thing where I try to love myself more and stop mentally beating myself (and others) up in my head. I am proud to say that I’m making progress!

Do you like to thrift?

Are you a fan of Gabby Bernstein? (say yes)

xoxo,
Katelyn

Diana June 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM

That’s one crazy day – 10 hours at work and then babysitting? Champ.

To be honest, I’m awful at vintage shopping. I simply don’t have the patience to sift through piles of clothes that tend to be in the most random sizes, especially if I can find a nicely organized selection of pieces in a variety of sizes at the store next door. It’s rewarding if you find something amazing, but I rarely do. Some of my friends LOVE vintage shopping, but I just haven’t caught the bug yet…

Lisa June 7, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Thrifting is fun….I mean, finding good deals is the best part…but digging through people’s old junk is fabulous (albeit slightly creepy and sometimes slightly stinky). We should hit up the antique mall sometime that’s in farmington (on the way to my house). They have tons of stuff—my last almost purchase there was a Flintstones glass (from mcd’s in the 80′s I think) that had Wilma on it. I restrained myself, but I really wanted it.
Enjoy your books!

Katelyn Block June 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Yes please!! I live antiques. #truth

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! June 7, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Ah I love thrifting! Been a while since I’ve scored anything noteworthy, though. I’d love to know what you think of the books – I’ve never read anything by her, but you’ve piqued my interest in doing so :-)

B @ Crags and Veggies June 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I love free people boutiques! Go you with the thrift shopping, looks like you had a great day!

Lisa June 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I definitely love Gabby’s books, they are so positive, so what’s not to love! Hm..thrifting where I live is definitely not a good time. You get some odd balls in the store and find weird items too. It’s kind of a mess hah. Gotta say I love the nails, pale blue has been my go to nail colour as of late!

clare @ fittingitallin June 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM

1. gabby is bomb
2. do you have a boy toy?

Katelyn Block June 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I love you. And no I do not. <3

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner June 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Those kitties are so cute!!!! :)