Hello from the road!

by Katelyn Block on June 30, 2012 · 9 comments

Hey everyone! Currently on the road, en route to Charlottesville, VA. We spent the night in West Virginia (I can’t even talk about it, scary storms and sleeping in cars don’t sit well with me. Actually storms are fine.), and tonight will be staying with a family friend in Charlottesville.

I’ll be seeing a few C-Ville friends this evening (including the ever-lovely and super-preggo Kath. Can’t wait to see you again, love!), and leaving for Virginia Beach sometime tomorrow morning. Beach, come to mama.

Until then, I’ve been eating some impressively delicious roadtrip meals:

20120630-105453.jpg

20120630-111218.jpg

20120630-112448.jpg
And keeping myself (mostly) sane as I sit in a car for a total of 24 hours. Still eating super clean (mostly), but not sweating. At all. Homegirl needs a break. I think a workout is in order, don’t you?

How do you keep your sanity on road trips?
Favorite road trip eats?

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness June 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Looks like you’re staying healthy while on the road! I am not a fan of long car rides! But I do love trips! I like to pack Lara bars, almond butter packs, fruit, trail mix, etc..

Lisa June 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Have a great trip pretty lady! I always take oatmeal packs, easy to back fruits/veggies, protein powder, homemade bars or muffins, stuff along those lines. I think its impossible to not get bored on road trips, I have such a short attention span.

Diana June 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I’m on the road right now too, and I’m so glad I brought my breakfast essentials – oats, almond butter, and tea. Fruit is awesome for snacking on, as are Trader Joe’s sugarfree chocolate coated almonds…

Running keeps me sane (10 miles before the heat hits works like a charm) but if necessary, a gym will do too :)

christy June 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I love your nail polish color.

Katelyn Block June 30, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Thanks girl! It’s my fraaaaands.

Sarah July 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Starbucks oatmeal is seriously the best! I’m actually eating it right now and I’m not even on a road trip :)

Irina @ Chocolatea Time July 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Starbucks oatmeal is legit. It tastes natural and is the perfect on-the-road breakfast!

Em @ living & learning July 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Oh girl I’m from WV and the storms Friday night were insane. Thankfully I was in new jersey but from the stories and pics I’ve seen from my parents and friends it was crazy, can’t believe you all had to drive through it! There are a lot of places still without power. But glad to see you made it to the beach safely!

Katelyn Block July 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Obscene. Girl, I slept in my CAR. Our hotel had no electricity!