{Sweating Dirty}: Already Doing Amazing Things for my Life.

by Katelyn Block on July 18, 2012 · 42 comments

Hi everyone! Fun fact: Last night there was a cricket outside of my window that wouldn’t shut up. It was like the Olympic marathon of crickets. But he was all by himself. I ended up sleeping on my couch.

Today’s WOD:

Warm-up on the left, WOD on the right. I completed 5 rounds and 23 reps of the 6th round. I left with an achy body, so I’ll take it.

Pre-WOD this morning (at 5am…. who am I?), I had a juice of: 1 head of romaine, 3 stalks of celery, 1 cucumber, and some lemon.

Lilly was really confused. This was an abnormally hour for me to be awake. CrossFit is already doing amazing things for my life.

Why are you up so early? I’m confused.

Post-WOD, I came home and made a quick scramble of 4 egg whites, one egg, and a whole bunch of spinach in coconut oil. Topped with sea salt + ketchup. Just so you know, ketchup isn’t pretty.

After my shower, I had a scoop of Vega protein with almond milk and raw maca powder in my blender bottle. (love that thing)

Drawing class included coffee and drawing of my face.

It doesn’t look like me yet. I’m excited to see how it turns out!

After class, I was hankering for something fresh and made another juice. Two in one day!

Romaine, cucumber, celery, carrots, and lemon. Super refreshing. Followed this with a repeat of yesterday’s lunch. Spoonful of nut butter + chocolate chips for dessert.

I was considering doing a second workout today, but I don’t have time. Solution? Coffee and work at Starbucks. Best way to do it.

Where do you go to get work done?
What’s the earliest you get up to work out?
I think 5am is my maximum. ;)

Courtney July 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I love early morning workouts! It really does help my day be more productive! Although sometimes I do feel that urge to work out again later in the day because it seems like it has been so long since I worked out… if that made any sense at all. I get up at 4:20 to be at my box by 5am. I usually do 3-4 days a week of that.

Jody - Fit at 54 July 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I am a WAY EARLY morn workout person! :-) Doggie so cute!!! Great job!!!

Jamie @ getalivingsense July 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Can I just say that not only are we bday twins (July 30 woop!) but now we are also newly obsessed w/ crossfit twins..and I am super pumped to see lots of CF talk on the blog! :) YAY!

wymberley July 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Rarely can I make a 5am workout but I have been known to begin my 15 mile runs on the mill at 9pm…
I have been overdosing on eggs lately. I need to just make a mass of alternate protein on Sundays. your juice looks awesome! A whole head of romaine?

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 18, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I love early morning workouts! I love to see everyone else’s CrossFit WOD’s! So excited you’re starting!

Diana July 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I used to get up at 5am or so during the school year to get a run in if I had a 9am class, but now that I can sleep in, I’m getting up at 6:30 or 7:00 (slept in until 7:30 this morning – must be some sort of world record). Like you, five o’clock is probably my limit, but I wouldn’t have a problem with getting up earlier if it was necessary.

I love it when awesome workouts make you want to keep going – I had to stop myself after nine miles of intervals this morning, but I’m biking to yoga later so it’s all good :)

Katrina July 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Because I live 30 minutes from where I work/play, I get up around 4:15, drink my mocha muscle shake (because I can’t eat food that early…I just can’t get it down), and run about 1.5-2 miles to warm up and bring down my usual high morning glucose levels. (I’m diabetic). Then I haul my cookies and my gear to class at 5:30. I love it and couldn’t teach a gazillion kindergarteners every day if I didn’t have my CF therapy. Even during the summer, I go to the 5:30am class…then come home and nap ;-)

Katelyn Block July 18, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Wow. Not only do you have it all figured out, you’re INSPIRING me. If you can get up at 4:15 every morning and haul ass all day long, I can do it. Thank you for commenting!!

Clare July 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I am so thrilled to hear that you are LOVING cross fit and doing amazing things for your body :) I have my very first skills session this morning which should be interesting! And the absolute earliest I would get up for a workout would be 5am too.. anything before 5 is just not gonna happen!

Julianna @ Julianna Bananna July 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

during the school year last year i got up at 5am every tuesday and thursday to go to my favorite BodyPump classes before school. most of the time the only way i could motivate myself to get out of bed was to tell myself i could stop for coffee on my way home! got me going every time (:

also, you are making me wish i had a juicer!!! i’ve never even gotten the chance to drink a fresh juice because the whole foods near me doesn’t have a juice bar (sad face). i NEED to try one soon!!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Get one! They’re not too expensive, and you can get one for under a hundo.

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 18, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I’m a 5 a.m.er! I’m a natural morning person so it’s just my thing. I actually love that I can get a kick ass workout in before most people are even waking up!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:21 AM

You’re a beast.

Yellow Haired Girl July 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I hope that cricket isn’t hangin’ out there tonight! When I’ve stumbled across them, they tend to reappear the next night. Whereverrrrrr it is that they’re hiding. Crossing my fingers for a quieter night :)

Katelyn Block July 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM

IT’S THERE AGAIN. Sleeping on the couch. Tomorrow I go grasshopper hunting.

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast July 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Argh, that cricket would have drove me nuts! I’m so impressed with your 5am wake up… 6am is as early as I go, and even then I’m dragging all day. :)

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM

The cricket is still here!!

theresa @ a spoonful of sunshine July 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Wow!! Looks like you had a [fun-filled] busy day! Those are the best, in my opinion :) I definitely hit up coffee shops when I need to get some work done. Starbucks is great because of those free refills, but I also love adventuring to new coffee shops as well!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

LOVE free refills. ;)

Lisa July 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Looks like a FUN workout!! I’m totes magotes an early workout person. I’m usually up at the earlist 4:57. Yes, I have weird number OCD. Anything earlier than 5 seems too hardcore for me right now. I always love hanging at Starbucks, since I have a clear spending issue there.

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Completely fine. I definitely do too. It’s not unusual that I will set my alarm for 6:52.

Jen July 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I say this with COMPLETE love, respect & admiration, but you people are crrrrrazy! The only way I’m up at 4:00 – 5:00 a.m. is if I am STILL up from the night before (or have a flight to catch)…LOL. :)

Katelyn Block July 19, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Hahaha and you know what girl, that’s TOTALLY COOL. I used to think it was crazy (okay now I still do) but lets be honest, I’ll do it anyways. It sounds repetitive, but it is SO SATISFYING to have a workout done and have the rest of the day to sit on your butt. Like a seriously magical feeling.

Jen July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

It truly DOES sound amazing…just wish I had it in me. All joking aside, I do have SERIOUS admiration for you & others like you who get up and “get ‘r done” bright & early! My Dad is the same way…when I was home from college on summer break, I remember occasionally passing him in the hallway – he was on his way to the kitchen for breakfast & I was headed to bed. I honestly find it MUCH easier to stay up all night than to go to bed and get up super-early (although, I obviously cannot do this on a daily basis). :)

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Haha, truth! Sometimes I have to crack down though.

Lesley July 19, 2012 at 5:38 AM

I will wake up at 5am for a morning workout as well. I have done 4:45 a few times, and I swear this is just something wrong with the clock beginning with a number 4! I still feel like it’s the middle of the night! Go you for your morning workout and for thinking of doing a second one!

christy July 19, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Oh my gosh. I would do anything for Starbucks now. It’s only a weekend treat for me because I have to go off base and to American Village here in Oki. So worth it.
You would love the Starbucks here. It’s better than USA.

Katelyn Block July 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Girl… WHAT country are you in?? But I believe you. I feel like other countries take American traditions/businesses and glam them up times a thousand. I would dieeee to see one!

Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy July 19, 2012 at 6:25 AM

My cat gives me the same confused face when I am up earlier that normal. It is like he is saying “why are you messing with my schedule?”

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Seriously. Pets live an easy life!

Kadee July 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Is there something going on with your space bar? It looks… wiggly? lol

Katelyn Block July 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Haha, that’s the cover of my keyboard.

Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} July 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hey girl! I just bought a MacBook Pro Monday – woot woot — what program to ya use to write your posts? :)

Any helpful blogging tips for the Mac newbie?

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

AHH first of all… do you love it??! Second, I just use Wordpress.com! Nothing fancy. Maybe that would be helpful though, now that I think about it…

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See July 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I spy Photoshop ;)

Lexi @ You, Me, & A World to See July 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I spy Photoshop ;) I heart Adobe Creative Suite!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM

It’s the best!

Lea July 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I always do my design work in coffee shops. I literally cannot get work done anywhere else. I think the caffeine helps.

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM