How I Spend My Sunday.

by Katelyn Block on July 23, 2012 · 27 comments

Driving around town.

Working out with my favorite boys.

….And learning how to use the toys in the TRX room.

Drinking green orange juice in my favorite BPA-free Starbucks cup.

Ingredients: Carrot, celery, cucumber, romaine, lemon.

Drinking stuff from Starbucks in a Starbucks cup.

Passion tea! It makes me so passionate.

Working on art projects….

And getting really messy.

Art is messy and blisters are gross.

It’s okay, I use my fingers as pencils sometimes. Not a problem. And yes, I’m five years old.

Drinking Trader Joe’s peach tea and catching up with Rookie Blue.

Hello, Officer Delicious.

And eating “dinner” at 11pm. If it is edible, I will find a way to put ketchup on it.

And last, but not least….. Wait, what? I quit my job? Thank you all for your incredible, unwavering support today. I am both touched and inspired. If today is any indication of what is ahead, I’ve got my work cut out for me. Wake up –> CrossFit –> Class –> Blogging + Graphic Design –> Sleep. Starbucks is now my office. This is not a problem.

P.S. I love my graphic design clients. Typical Skype session:

Normal.

How did you spend your Sunday?

Did you watch the Bachelorette?

Do you ever just eat a whole bunch of chocolate // peanut butter chip trail mix for “dinner” and then have real food later?

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf July 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

This is such a fun way to recap your weekend with your Instagram pics! Our Sunday was pretty mellow – birthday party, grocery shopping and settling in for the week ahead.

Lyndzey July 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hey lady, so I’m new to your blog and I am very inspired. I really appreciate how you are able to be true to yourself; its quite refreshing. I saw on several posts that you mention a green juice. I looked on the recipes but couldn’t find it. I’ve wanted to try some sort of green type drink because I don’t usually end up getting enough greens, but I’ve try a few recipes and not liked them. I was wondering if you could post/email/comment me the recipe. Thanks!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Sure doll! Will do.

Katie July 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I’ve been known to eat trail mix by the handful instead of dinner and then decide that I need some veggies in my life. Makes life interesting!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Basically what happened. Enter: Green juice for breakfast!

Kacie Phillips July 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

My Sunday was spent working, but I had a similar day yesterday! It was fabulous; nothing beats time to yourself. :) And what is your new job?

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 23, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Love instagram! It tells the story perfectly.

Trail mix is dangerous! I could polish off a whole bag like nobody’s business. And then veggies would be my snack later. No big deal! ;)

christy July 23, 2012 at 5:30 AM

I do that with dinner all the time. I eat trail mix in one sitting so I try not to buy it.

Kierston July 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM

We chilled around the house yesterday and have my Dad over for dinner! It was a great day :)

I’ll be getting passionate today with some Tea on ice ;)

Lauren July 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Oh my love, I am so happy to see you doing the things that make you happy. Your last post spoke to me! Love you lots sweetie!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:21 AM

<3 <3 <3

Katie @wishandwhimsy July 23, 2012 at 7:09 AM

My Sunday was great! I had an awesome massage, a trip to the grocery (I love grocery shopping…weird, I know) and rearranged my apartment. Love it! Have a great week ahead.

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Massage?! Um hi….. I know what I’m doing this week.

Colleen July 23, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Good for you! Quitting your job, no matter how much you know you will love your next adventure, is always scary. That’s a big jump to take! You’ll do great!

My weekend involved eating way too much food and being perfectly okay with it!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Love all the instagram pics! Your blog makes me want an IPhone!!! So happy you made the decision to leave waitressing! I only see great things ahead for you! My sunday was laid back. I grocery shopped, meal prepped for the week, enjoyed the sunshine and caught up on some random projects I needed to get done!

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM

GET ONE!

Kaila @healthyhelperblog! July 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Hey Katelyn…just wondering, what is the plugin you use to get the rotating picture gallery on your side bar?

Katelyn Block July 23, 2012 at 8:47 AM

It’s called SnapWidget! Not a plugin, it’s HTML code from daaaa interwebs.

Elisabeth @ CHAARG July 23, 2012 at 9:24 AM

i loooooove instagram so this makes me happy. I NEED TO MAKE THAT ORANGE JUICEEEEE. I’m guessing you used a juicer as opposed to a blender? if so, what juicer do you have?! i’m looking to buy one!

Yellow Haired Girl July 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I like the recap! And I use my fingers too. Not just for art related things (which look SO far from art anyway), but for everything. Especially eating.

Mindy @Road Runner Girl July 23, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I love the recap using instagram pics!!!! And yes…I watched the Bachelorette! ;-)

Danielle July 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM

What a lovely Sunday! Kudos to you for following your dreams! You deserve to, and I don’t doubt life will reward you with many more wonderful things ahead. xo

Bethany July 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM

1. I spend my Sundays at church, the beach, the park, and home! Joel and I like to relax mostly!
2. LOVE this season of the Bachelorette.

Lisa July 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’m glad you are doing things in your life right now that with make you a happier and more passionate Katelyn! That’s the best you can ask for!
You are super talented in the graphic designing. I want to learn that stuff, but realized I am for sure not creative enough for that ;)
Of course I watched the Bachelorette, so pumped about who she chose.

Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats July 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yes. Trail mix is the best snack ever. Hard to practice self control at times! I just finished a couple of servings and plan to make salmon for supper! :) I did watch The Bachelorette. Arie can feel free to come and be my boyfriend. I wouldn’t mind having him around. :P