The Crave Game. {Cookies}

by Katelyn Block on July 24, 2012 · 27 comments

I crave foods a lot. Think: Chocolate, avocados, ketchup, beer-battered chicken wings, and sprinkles. Normal things.

But sometimes you need something that satisfies a whole bunch of cravings at once. Chocolate, avocados, sprinkles, and dreams of anything beer-battered and chicken-wing related.

Tonight, I made cookies. I really like cookies. Especially when they’re a. Easy to make and b. Deceptively healthy. When it comes to dessert, I go all out. Therefore, I better make it at least semi-nutritious so I don’t feel like pukey the bear the next day. This is because I eat dessert for dinner. Not always a problem.

I searched the Google machine for a paleo cookie recipe involving coconut flour, and this from WhatRunsLori was one of the first I found. I had all the ingredients and I was hungry. So I made cookies and ate chocolate while doing it. It’s really fine, cocoa butter is an earthy fat, so that makes it good for you. Done deal.

Right now I’m eating two of these with almond butter while blogging about them. Have you ever tried to blog while eating cookies? It’s not easy, people. Not. easy.

Sometimes I crave magazine-reading. And Modern Family-watching. Tonight, I stayed in with a bro of mine and did just that. Stacks on stacks of food magazines that made me hungry. Insert: Above cookies. He grabbed GQ.

Have you seen the new Batman? Say hello to Officer Delicious.

Mind. blown.

(Disclaimer: I only snatched this from Cory’s hands because it had Joseph on it. I clearly have my priorities straight.)

What is your go-to cookie recipe?
Do you go paleo, vegan, gluten-free, or all-out Betty Crocker?
Who is your favorite heartthrob man candy delicious celeb crush?

Kris July 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM

YUM. both the cookies and the magazine ;)

my go to cookie is a shortbread recipe of mine, and it’s vegan and gluten free (while still managing to be amazing). it is highly adaptable – why I love it so much!

celeb crush? I’m going to go old school and say Andy Garcia. rawr.

Larisa @ 0to26point2 July 25, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Ok first of all I cried with you during your crossfit games vlog. I am so behind you 100% and cant wait to see you on the television! ok and man-candy…I’m def a Channing Tatum fan. And yes, pre Magic Mike :) He has a bar in New Orleans I have been at when he made an appearance and OMG he is prettier in real life, trust me! HEEHEE!

Alex Bridgeforth (@alexbridgeforth) July 25, 2012 at 1:26 AM

What is your go-to cookie recipe? – Don’t really have one yet (being vegan and all)
Do you go paleo, vegan, gluten-free, or all-out Betty Crocker? – Def. Vegan all out.
Who is your favorite heartthrob man candy delicious celeb crush? – Um, don’t have one….

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama July 25, 2012 at 5:07 AM

OK, he’s cute but I can’t get the picture of him as anything other than the little boy from “Third Rock from the Sun.” Does anyone else remember that TV show?

christy July 25, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Yum and I am not talking about the cookies.

Colleen July 25, 2012 at 5:45 AM

A night of magazine reading, tv watching and cookie eating sounds awesome. I subscribe to GQ because I’ve worked in men’s clothing for so long- its one of my favorites and I get to see heartthrobs like this!

Lauren July 25, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I still have yet to try and Paleo recipe but I’m thinking of whipping one up this weekend. My go-to cookie recipe is called going to the nearest bakery and paying for one. This girl doesn’t bake..lol! ;)

Kierston July 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Oooh recipe sounds and looks delicious!

I like simple recipes (since I just started baking this year! lol)! I should note I like my baked goods high in protein :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness July 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

These cookies look amazing!!! I definitely try to keep everything gluten free…moreso cause I have to! But if I can make it Paleo that’s awesome!!! I will definitely have to try out that recipe! Looks fabulous!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean July 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM

currently crushing on him as well!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed July 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Butter. Sugar. Chocolate.

that’s what I put in my cookies.

Katelyn Block July 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Amen, sister.

Katie @wishandwhimsy July 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I’m with all of the other ladies and am saying “Yum” to both…
As for my go-to cookie if I’m trying to stay on my health track, yet need some chocolate I make my Cocoa, PB & Banana cookies. Less than 60 cals a cookie and satisfies my sweet tooth. Here’s the link if you’re interested: http://www.wishandwhimsy.com/2012/07/10/earthies-guilt-free-cookies-recipe/

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I’ve had a craving for some gossip magazines lately! I guess that means I also need a pedi, because that’s the only time I get to ready them ;)

Katelyn Block July 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Need. a pedi.

Calee July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Not gonna lie. I’m sad Nolan isn’t doing any more Batmans mainly because JGL was so freaking hot in that movie. Who knew the geek from 3rd Rock would grow up so hot?

PS GQ is actually a good read. :) And great design-spo.

Katelyn Block July 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

NO MORE?! But Officer Delicious….

Katie @ Goober Nut's Life July 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I don’t really have a go-to cookie recipe, because it seems like the only things I really crave are nuts, nut butters, and cereal. Have tried eating those things while blogging before, and you’re right– it’s not easy! lol :D

I’ll probably be making those for the next family party I go to, though.. I’ve got some Paleo foodies in my family who’d probably love them!

Lisa July 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Those cookies look awesome. I love anything with added avocado.
I actually haven’t made cookies in far too long. Possibly months. I should give it a go with this recipe.
Delicious men and cookies, what could be better?;)

Katelyn Block July 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Right?! p.s. These cookies are sooo good with the avocado. Unexpected, but awesome.

Courtney July 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

uh holy yum. I made some almond flour cookies awhile ago. I try to stay mostly paleo, but i find even if i have paleo “treats” I eat too many and gain weight. Since I still have quite a bit to lose I try to stay away from having extra treats in the house… boo!

Katelyn Block July 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Good thing these are healthy… ;)

Meredith @ DareYouTo July 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM

But how did the cookies turn ooout? Yummy? or just did the job?

My VERY popular gluten-free cookies (adored even when people have no idea what’s in them) are these: http://dareyouto.blogspot.com/2012/04/have-adventure-wk-3-gf-baking.html

And for Paleo, I highly recommend these – they’re delishhhhhh! http://peasandthankyou.com/2012/03/08/caveman-cookies/

Katelyn Block July 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

They were SO yummy. Eating some right now, actually. Almond butter SLATHERED on top.