What I’ve learned: The 30-45 minutes post-workout is NOT the time to eat veggies. Or drink green juice. Get that protein. Don’t be lazy.
Another thing I’ve learned: Sitting in your sweaty clothes for an hour after you’re done working out is gross. Like really gross. And cold. This is the epitome of sweating dirty. Just shower, people. I should take my own advice.
Today I got my ass kicked. Not the first time, and definitely not the last. This makes me feel awesome. We did a birthday workout for Dave, one of the Brahs at our box, and he decided to give us a really sadistic and messed up version of The Bear. For you CrossFitters, I can see you cringing right now. It’s okay. We’ll get through it together. It was a ladder of sorts starting with dead lifts, hang cleans, push presses, front squats, push presses again, back squats, and hang cleans… again. Up and down, 1 rep up to 33. It looked a little bit like this:
I made it through 24 reps of the 26th set. Holy crap. I ALMOST made it, and it took a lot of grunting.
Today I got a question about whether I’ve been eating Paleo since starting CrossFit. The mostly-true answer is yes. The actually-true answer is 90% of the time. The other 10% consist of my protein powder, which is vegan and pea // brown rice based, as well as froyo. Which I haven’t had in a whole three weeks. BIG DEAL, PEOPLE.
One small step for Katelyn, one giant leap for jacking up my muscles.
We’ll go more in-depth about my everyday (and every-second-of-the-day) eats another time. Until then, you can satisfy your paleo food cravings with my post from earlier today on snacks. Snacks on snacks on snacks.
Do you eat Paleo?
What do you eat/drink immediately after working out?
Do you like to grunt?