When Progenex hands you mocha-flavored stuff….
Talk about a pleasant surprise. You want me to drink this? I mean if you insist.
Reasons I love blogging and CrossFit: Yummy things in my face. All. the time.
Like Chipotle. Tonight in the middle of CrossFit, it started to pour and hail at the same time. Sideways. This continued for a couple of hours and resulted in a loss of power. Insert: Take-out. I’m not complaining.
Sidebar: I’m still sitting in my workout clothes because I wanted to blog. I just love you guys too much. My sister is also playing boy band music right now and I really don’t want to drown that out with the sound of water. What can I say, I’m a sucker for 90′s jams.
Another exciting endeavor: I made tuna cakes today!
Like crab cakes but BETTER. And by better I mean they have three ingredients and take approximately five minutes to make. And by better I also mean less fancy. Whatever, put ketchup on ‘em.
Super-Simple (Three-Ingredient!) Tuna Cakes
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Keywords: saute fry bake appetizer entree side snack gluten-free high protein low-carb low-sodium nut-free soy-free sugar-free paleo tuna
Ingredients (4 small tuna cakes)
- 1 can tuna
- 2 egg whites (or one whole egg)
- heaping TBSP coconut flour
- spices: sea salt and onion powder
- Open and drain can of tuna, then put in small mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour and spices. Stir.
- Crack eggs and add to mixture, combining thoroughly until a good “dough”-type texture is formed.
- Heat a small frying pan on medium-high, and add coconut oil.
- Cook cakes about 2 TBSP at a time, about 3 minutes on the first side and then 1-2 on the second side, until both are golden brown and firm.
- Enjoy with: Aioli, ketchup (guilty), avocado/guac, hot sauce, or on top of a salad // in a burger.
Make these now.
In even cooler news: I made shoes today. And they’re HOT.
Talk about the ultimate birthday gift EVER. Thank you Mom and Dad. And Reebok for making these beauties a reality.
Can’t you just see these neon beauties on my feet? They even say BLOCK on them. Oh my God. Literal fitness // shoe geek-out right now. The next 14 weeks are going to be torture. (yes, that is how long custom shoes take to get here. until then, I’m buying myself a solid pair of these. amen.)
FitFluentials, can I get a heck yeah?
Enough about my shoes. And things I put in my belly. Tell me:
What shoes do YOU wear to workout?
Are you loyal to a protein powder? Which brand/type?
p.s. I didn’t forget. Food porn coming your way. This stuff was just too exciting, I had to share my protein powder // shoe obsession with you.