{#FitVEDA Day 3}: Filthy Fifty PR! Progress Makes Me Swoon.

by Katelyn Block on August 3, 2012 · 12 comments

Hey there! Happy Indulgence Friday. Tonight I’m posting #FitVEDA VLOG #3 for you to enjoy while you’re getting ready to rage face.

I, on the other hand, will be packing for my trip (New Hampshire, I’ll be seeing you so soon!!), and mentally preparing for tomorrow’s 31 Heroes Challenge. I’m shaking in my boots. But then I remember: “Don’t be scared, be awesome“. Okay, will do!

Highlights:

• I completed the Filthy Fifty (or I thought I did… turns out the real thing is sliiiightly different) in 26:48!
  • I’m incredibly disgustingly inspired and motivated
  • Tomorrow is 31Heroes and I can’t wait to get my butt kicked again!

Now you should watch Scott kick ass:

He’s awesome.

One day I’ll be lifting with these girls:

Not real. There is absolute beauty in strength, and I admire it. See ya sweaty tomorrow!

How did you Sweat Dirty today?
Friday night // weekend plans?

Laura August 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Those girls are intense! I want to start cross fit!
I was a sweaty beast this morning- lifting & bikram. :)

Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Did I sweat dirty today? Of course – Livefit Day 60: my legs are a little wrecked.

Definitely want to try Crossfit at some point!

AlexandraFunFit August 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I’ve never even heard of a double-under, but it must be intense if you couldn’t do it. Have fun on your vacation.

Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} August 4, 2012 at 3:33 AM

love your playlist.

love your nail polish.

love burpees!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness August 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Awesome job on the filthy fifty!!! So nervous/excited for 31 Heroes today! Can’t wait to just do it! I’m dying to hear your thoughts on it! CrossFit coaches are super motivating and I hope to be able to coach someday too! It’s the best feeling ever to watch and be inspired by so many athletes at once!

Ariel August 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Can we please start a box together? Haha it would be awesome! I did 31 Heroes WOD last year..it’s a killer. I worked with Janel..don’t know if you’ve met her at the gym but she is awesome! Good luck!

P.S.) I think the real Filthy 50 has jumping pull ups and whatnot. If you want the actual Filthy 50, go to the Crossfit homepage..it was the WOD a couple of days ago!

Katelyn Block August 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM

UM YES. True story I’ve been considering opening a box but I might just train 24/7. We’ll see. Slash Janel is a freaking BEAST. Like literally one of my goals is to have quads like that. Holy crap.

And I know, haha I figured out afterwards that it wasn’t the real Filthy Fifty. BUT there were sets of 50 and they sure were filthy. So I give myself an unofficial pat on the back.

Ariel August 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Haha thats for sure..50 reps of anything is just downright dirty. And I’ve seriously been considering just doing something like opening a gym for my career..all this science and hard classes are killing me and it’s making me dread school..the classes at least. I’m going for dietetics..and as much as I love nutrition and find it fascinating, I think my passion is more into the fitness world. I think I could be very happy and content running a CrossFit gym somewhere. LET’S DO IT. Haha. Don’t know if I’ll be able to support myself that way, but hey..I’ll be fit, look good, and be happy. Eff it.

P.S.) I’m so jealous that you got to do the WOD today! I love fundraisers for CrossFit. You MUST do the Fight Gone Bad in September. You have to! It’s my favorite and that WOD is BRUTAL.

Gillian August 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Scott was one of the coaches at my former box in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories (northern Canada – think ARCTIC!) Crazy to see that – I just left Yellowknife about a month ago to move to “the south” but I definitely miss that box!!!

Lea August 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I went to my first CrossFit class today! I think I’m already obsessed.

christy August 4, 2012 at 11:39 PM

All I can say is dayyuummm.