Healthy Living Summit gets Cupcake Wasted

by Katelyn Block on August 18, 2012 · 11 comments

Hey everyone! The day of panel discussions, meetings, and general bouncing around at HLS has come to a close. Now comes the blogging and sleeping portion of the night. It’s about to get crazy. But first, let’s talk about Flour Bakery.

The hosts.

The group. You can tell we’re a fun bunch.

When we got to Flour, we realized how big our group was. I spy Holly, all the way out the door!

Everything looked so good, but I had to practice resistance.

I saw trail mix (with nuts and chocolate — hello), and got that instead.

They had sparkling water, so I got some of that and an apple as well.

Above, all together. Below, the specials.

All were impressive, none were had. I’m thinking some of these might be fun to healthify… ;)

What did you do this weekend?
What would you get at Flour?!

Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans August 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Flour looks amazing! Like dying and going to baked goods heaven. That trail mix looks mighty tasty too. Nuts and chocolate are pretty much the tastiest combo ever.

Jessica August 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM

You should have just had something and not worried about it. Life is short, and I highly doubt it would have set you back at all. Plus then you could have bonded with the other girls over their meals or at the very least not made them feel self conscious. Life is too short, you have to have fun sometimes, especially on vacation.

Katelyn Block August 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM

What? Haha dude I got trail mix! It was unreal. I really like trail mix. You know what I don’t like? The feeling of sugary baked stuff in my belly that makes me feel like crap. I’m so happy I got something equally as delicious that was a lot less taxing on my digestive system and blood sugar. Life is short, and I’d rather be HEALTHY.

Heather Montgomery August 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM

looks so fun hate I had to miss it! So many mini mingles and not enough time!

Ben August 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I am very impressed. My biggest struggle is making old choices when surrounded by some many tasty bad ones. I am glad to see you made great choices in an environment that is so easy to make a bad one. Pay no attention to the negative. Do what makes you happy

Sarah b. August 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM

The focaccia with maple syrup looks SO GOOD. I had homemade waffles with PB and star berries this morning that most definitely hit the spot!

Meghan August 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Flour is absolutely amazing! Joanne Chang is one of Boston’s best and is on her second book. Her baked goods are not to be missed!

Alex Bridgeforth (@alexbridgeforth) August 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM

What did you do this weekend? —– Well I did Crossfit Sat morn, ran 24miles Sat night, and biked 47 miles sunday morning.

What would you get at Flour?! —– Probably a bagel, if they have them.

AllieBeau August 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Flour is the absolute BEST! Their sandwiches and salads and general lunchtime-fare is great as well. Hopefully you get a chance to go back if you’re in Boston again. Just stumbled onto here–hope you enjoyed your time in my hometown! <3

Christine @ Take WIth Food August 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Flour!!! Yes! As a Boston-ite, I am in love with Joanne Chang’s Flour – the bakeries and the book :) I don’t know how you managed to resist, kudos to you, I sure can’t! One of her treats I particularly enjoy is the lemon-ginger scone (which is also in the book… now I just have to find some time to make them)