Current song obsession:
Can’t stop. If you hear this song blasting from a car around Syracuse, it’s probably me. I don’t even want to ask Spotify how many times I’ve listened to it.
The other night, I spent some serious time thinking about what to do with this ugly-looking pound of ground beef I had in my fridge. And then I was like, duh….. meatballs. IN THE CROCK POT.
I took the general format from Juli’s recipe for Crock Pot Sweet Asian Meatballs (HOLY CRAP these look good), but I only have so many ingredients. So I took the meat-egg-flour-sauce ratio and ran with it.
Crock Pot BBQ Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2-4 hours
Keywords: slow-cooker appetizer entree side snack gluten-free high protein kosher low-carb nut-free paleo soy-free sugar-free
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef (grass-fed and organic for me)
- 1 egg (cage free, organic)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil (or another high-heat fat)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Dinosaur BBQ)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- sea salt & pepper
- Dice your onions and place in the bottom of the pot.
- Whisk your egg in a large mixing bowl and then add all other ingredients. Mix together until everything is even-textured.
- Divide into four balls (or smaller if you prefer). Place on top of the onions.
- Set the slow cooker either for 2 hours on high, or 4 hours on low.
- Enjoy with more SAWCE!
That’s really it. Song and recipe. Next post we’ll talk about salmon which I’m starting to like a bit more (usually it tastes too fishy for me and makes me gag a little). And we’ll also talk about why I have a love/hate relationship with Rest Days. (they’re so official)
Do you love your slow cooker?!
How do you like your meatballs? Sweet? Salty? Traditional? (I promise I’m not trying to make innuendos)
Tell me about your day! What made it awesome?