#PrettyMuddy and #CrossFit Level 1: Double Trouble in Columbus

by Katelyn Block on September 26, 2012 · 16 comments

Whadddduuuup everyone! How’s the first half of your day going? Today I have a couple of announcements which I’m SUPER excited to share with you. Even though I stay up late at night because ideas keep popping into my head, I’m going to try not to blab. There’s always room in life for more blog posts. ;)

SIDE NOTE: I was watching this video last night (because videos are so inspiring… it’s true, step into That YouTube Thing at some point and you’ll never be able to leave) and was thinking to myself…. WOW. I spend WAY too much time answering emails, handling correspondence (which I love! don’t get me wrong), and not nearly enough time writing content to share with all of you. I’m really taking note lately on how much time I’m spending e-mailing back and forth and it’s too much. Instead of constantly trying to respond to emails as they come, I’m going to try establishing a window of time in the morning and a window at night before bed to answer all emails and do it thoroughly – after I’ve had time to do other things.

Any of you encounter a similar problem? How do you handle it? (I love talking time budgeting)

Anyways, onto the announcements. NUMBER ONE:

I will be attending and completing the PRETTY MUDDY WOMEN’S RUN in Columbus, Ohio this weekend!! I am SO excited to try out something a little bit different, given that I’ve never been to Columbus (and it has a ton to offer, including Rogue Fitness and Ohio athletics, all team loyalties aside I think that’s pretty awesome) and kind of hate running. Plus, the Momma Bear is going to come with me. She insisted that she come once she realized the drive is about eight hours. I’m not going to object to mother-daughter bonding time!

From the Pretty Muddy website:

Pretty Muddy is a 5k adventurous obstacle course mud run for any woman
who wants to get outside, spend time with friends and have fun.

• 5k Course (3.1 miles, run or walk)
  • Women Only (sorry, guys)
  • Mud (lots of it!)
  • Architectural Obstacles (much better than shabby hay bales and shaky plywood)
  • Pretty Epic Finish Line Party (Entertainment, music, drinks & celebration galore)

Heck yeah! Talk about a fun way to get my workout in and meet some awesome people. To get $10 off your registration (!!!), use the code FitFluentialPM12 at the checkout.

Many thanks to FitFluential which hooked me up with this awesome event — I get to hang with a bunch of my fellow ambassadors and get…. pretty muddy. Plus there are some fun post-race events including food and MORE obstacle courses.

…….I LOVE FOOD.

If you’re in the Columbus, Ohio area, SIGN UP and run Pretty Muddy with me! How can you say no to mud and food at the same place… I know I can’t. If you’re not in Columbus, check out the other locations that Pretty Muddy is taking over — you won’t want to miss it.

NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT:

HOLY CRAP I AM SO EXCITED. This is something that’s been on the brain for a bit now. Basically ever since I started CrossFit. Well guess what……

SURPRISE! Homegirl is going to get her CrossFit Level 1 Certification! Why? Because I love training people. I won’t be training anywhere just yet, but this course will help me understand CrossFit better, in order to become a better athlete overall and give me the ability to train other people with full confidence that I know what I’m talking about.

One of my close girlfriends comes with me to CrossFit a few times a week, and often if she doesn’t know how to do something (she’s new to this), I take action and teach it to her. And I’ve found that not only do I like it, I’m kind of good at it. So, I’m taking this to the next level and getting my cert.

AT ROGUE FREAKING FITNESS. Hi Graham, see you in a couple of months. I’ll be heading to Columbus again at the beginning of December for the cert and I couldn’t be more excited. There will be world-class trainers and I’m psyched because I’m going to learn…. a lot. Eeeeep! Can’t wait.

Are you going to be in Columbus with me?!
Have you already run Pretty Muddy or are planning on it later this year?
What certifications do you have (if any) and why did you decide to get them // how have they made your life better?

Jenna September 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Congrats on all the wonderful announcements! Way to go!!! Keep working hard, girlie!! Spa <3

Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer September 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I ran Pretty Muddy Chicago – Check out my recap: http://journeyofadreamer.com/pretty-muddy-chicago-recap/ It has GoPro footage of the obstacles. It was tons of fun and not hard at all. The obstacles seemed intimidating at first but once I got into it I realized CROSSFIT prepared me for this. Easy Peasy! You’re going to have fun. And Congrats on your Cert! I can’t wait to get mine. I’m going to have a box someday. I promise.

Caroline September 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM

It sounds like you have a couple really exciting things planned the next few months! YAY:) Those things are great to keep us motivated and passionate about life!

Hillary {Nutrition Nut on the Run} September 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM

very excited for you, love!

p.s. did you catch word? i signed up for 1 month of crossfit, already addicted! =)

Belle @ Rebelle Fitness September 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

How exciting!! I’m attending a L1 cert class this weekend :)

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness September 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

You love the cert!!! I did mine last August and it was honestly one of the best weekends ever! The trainers are all amazing, you learn so much, and you get to spend the weekend with people who are as crazy about CrossFit as you!

Karli September 26, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I’m doing my L1 cert in 3 weeks…eeek! I’m not sure if I should be studying now or not?! But, I’m really excited either way to be with some crazy CrossFit loving people!

Goodluck in the race and cert!

Annette@FitnessPerks September 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

FUN!! Congrats on doing the run & taking the next step & getting certified. Rock on :)

Pavement Runner September 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I have a certificate of awesomeness… it’s unofficial and I just awarded it to myself, but it TOTALLY counts.

Maria D. September 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM

@Pavement Runner …. BEST comment I have seen so far!! LOL!

Katelyn, congrats on deciding to get your certification! Maybe you can kick my ass back into shape after I have kids in a couple years, Haha. Is it just a one-day class certification or will it take longer? I’m sure you’ll ace it anyway….

Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean September 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I did the pretty muddy in chicago – my recap is on my blog – and had a blast. Totally not super competitive, more about the fun. You’ll have a great time w your mom!

And CF Level 1 in ohio!?!?! That’s pretty close to me ….. maybe I’ll join you????

Kim@hungryhealthygirl.com September 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I know what you mean about spending too much time answering emails. I usually set my timer for a set amount of time for work. Congrats on getting your certification and have fun at the run!!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 27, 2012 at 8:16 AM

That’s awesome, Katelyn! On both accounts. I can def see you thriving as a crossfit instructor since ya gots the passions for it :)
And that’s awesome your mom’s keeping you company on that 8 hour drive! Good mom :)

Heather @ For the Love of Kale September 27, 2012 at 9:40 AM

That’s my girl! Going after her dreams and makin’ shit happen. That’s how we do. I love you!!!

Tiff @ My Smile Saga September 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I wanted to do the Pretty Muddy in Columbus this weekend, but I’m having surgery on Monday and didn’t want to take any chances getting injured at a race. It is so exciting that you are getting your certification too!. Columbus is a great city (I used to live there) It’s too bad that Ohio State has an away game because the atmosphere on game day is awesome. If you are treating yourself at all, make sure you try Graeter’s ice cream!