Life Lesson #1: BE A DOER. {VIDEO}

by Katelyn Block on September 27, 2012 · 11 comments

Hey there! Happy… middle of the day!  I love noontime. You already feel semi-productive and there’s so much exciting stuff to do the rest of the day. Hopefully.

Today’s a rest day so I’m feeling kind of weird about life. Not going into the Box is one of the weirdest feelings, like you forgot a sock but put on both shoes.

I have a VLOG for you on something that’s become a consistent theme in my life…. BEING a DOER. I’ve been struggling a lot with fulfilling obligations (like schoolwork) when my head and heart aren’t in it, but realized that just like a workout, I gotta do it. I talk about work life, everyday life, work obligations, and talk a little bit about an article I read in the CrossFit Journal about athlete psychology and mental toughness.

Enjoy!

What are your thoughts on “being a doer”?

Comment below! And start the conversation on Twitter with #beadoer and @ChefKatelyn. How do take charge of your life?

Jenna September 27, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Being a doer is sooo important! If we aren’t doers we stay stagnant and unmoving in life which leads to serious boredom and disatisfaction! Great post as always! Spa love!

Christie September 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Great
great
great
post.
Cannot agree more with your feelings.
Its my 4th week of cross fit, I am in love, and all I want to do is enjoy life/ workout/ eat clean/ and be happy. School is the last thing I want to be doing. But I am a doer as well. So sucking it up and doing it is what needs to be done.

Did my first Rx workout today. Freaking felt like a boss.
#getafterit

Caroline September 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM

This is exactly what I needed to hear right now. So, thank you : )

Sarah b. September 27, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Totally agree with the “just do it!” mentality. Like most things in life, the first step is usually the hardest! From there, it’s just about doin’ it. Keeping the end in mind, whether its goal-oriented or not, is what helps me power through.

Patty September 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM

This was exactly what I needed to hear. I’ve set a goal for myself to reach before the end of the year and I’m just going to do it. No more excuses…just get it done. Thanks for the extra motivation!

Miranda @ Biting Life September 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

So the first thing I thought of when I saw this was the whole “I’m a PUSHER” thing from Mean Girls hahaha :)

But, besides that, I love your attitude! You really inspire me to want to do more in life. I love that about you. You’re so enthusiastic and excited about life. I think sometimes people lose that, and it’s sad.

Life's a Bowl September 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I love Nike’s “just do it” quote! I def consider myself a doer and always feel the need to get things done- sometimes to a fault, my husband says I tend to over-do it :P When I want something, I’ll do whatever it takes [within reason] to make it happen!

Lauren @The Homeostatic Mindset September 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I just posted this vid on my blog cause it is just too good not to!!! Your friend is a genius! And the fact that you were able to follow such ‘simple,’ yet challenging advice= amazing! Check it out :) http://thehomeostaticmindset.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/imma-do-what-imma-do/

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I used to be THE worst procrastinator because I didn’t believe in myself, didn’t believe that I would be able to accomplish the given task to the given amount of perfection that I wanted to. It was only once I was able to have the confidence that the job that I would do — no matter how close to or how far from “perfection” it may be — would me way more than sufficient.
Hearing you speaking about the same thing … wow. It’s like you were in my brain. Now, I’m totally a do-er. I pick a task and get it done — 100% devotion and dedication to that one task. Then I’ll move on to the next. I might not accomplish as much, but I always feel like I put my ALL into it and I can be proud of my end result.

Ben Ingber September 30, 2012 at 8:31 AM

This video is exactly what I needed in my life right now

Emily September 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I love this! I’ve been trying to live with this mindset lately too, and I feel like the more you do it, the more you just DO IT! Keep doin’ it. Doer. Yeah, feels like a Nike commercial… :)