ViewSPORT CrossFit Goodies + VLOG

by Katelyn Block on October 4, 2012 · 15 comments

GOOD MORRRRNING! Would you look at that… it’s already Thursday! So much closer to the weekend, which luckily for me starts after 8:30pm tonight. Raise your hand if you LOVE having Fridays off.

…..Two hands in the air.

Although it’s a day off from classes, it’s not exactly a day off. Today I have 8 hours of classes (groaaaaaan), making it the perfect candidate for Outlaw rest days. Thursdays and Sundays since the dawn of whenever someone decided it would be a rest day. Tomorrow I’ll be training, catching up on emails (I can only hope), and going grocery shopping.

On Friday it will be two weeks (!!!) since my last grocery trip, and my fridge is seriously lacking in all things good: veggies and eggs. I have bacon, though, so no panic attacks yet, people. I can totally survive on bacon and… water.

Today let’s talk about these AWESOME goodies I got in the mail from ViewSPORT!

HECK YEAH I love burpees. (I’m also a little off my rocker but seriously, I love a challenge)

I’ve been rocking these at CrossFit because…. well, that’s a given.

BEAST MODE is my next victim…. I tried to get “Beast Mode” on my custom Nano’s but for some reason the word combination wasn’t allowed. Turns out “Beast Mode” is being copyrighted. I’d like to know how this person can prove that they invented the phrase because they were totally my first words.

I rocked this tank during my WOD yesterday that involved vertical snatches and cleans off the blocks, at hip height. One of the most important things for me is that my workout apparel looks good while wicking as I sweat. Because I sweat. A lot. Work hard and it shows, am I right?!

Let’s talk about the WOD, the ViewSPORT CrossFit goodies, and how my weight has changed. I’m going to dedicate a separate vlog to my weight (and how it’s changed…. watch the vid to find out where I am ;)) since so many of you have been asking, “Have you lost the Freshman 15?!”

Apologies for the video quality. Still using my MacBook Pro webcam for VLOGs and I’m thinking that a REAL video camera might be in the works soon. Stay tuned for updates on that. ;)

And with that, it’s time to sip on my coffee and get some more work done while watching a re-run of last night’s Presidential debate. True story, I was in class during the actual event, and then had work to catch up on. It’s almost better (for me at least) to watch the highlights!

How do you save time? (read: do you watch/read highlights vs. watching an entire event?)
What do you wear when you work out and why?
When does your weekend start?! (8:30 pm needs to come sooner!)

NYC Fit Girl October 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I just found your blog and I really like it! I am also obsessed with crossfit and I am a member of the 5th Ave Box (which you visited). I recently (meaning today :-)) started a blog about getting fit!

The shirts are so fun I am going to have to check out there website.

Katelyn Block October 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Girl that makes me SO HAPPY!! I loveeee the 5th Avenue Fit Hub, Reebok did SUCH a great job. I will be back there on Saturday with my box! ;)

Chris Donnelly October 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Awesome work! Burpees..come on.. you can’t love burpees ;) hahah
You’ve been rocking it at your workouts, very cool! One quick thing i noticed is that the combination your eating after your workout in pretty much Pure carbohydrates, good carbs YES but not exactly choice after workout recovery (almond Butter, roughly 196 calories, 7g protein and 17 g of fat per 2 tbsp. serving) and Sweet Potato (1 cup, 41g Carbs, 4 g Protein) and then chocolate Chips.. I’m not a nutritionist or trying to be perfect hahah just thought I’d point it out in just in case. I had to adjust my Avocado and sweet potato intake because i thought it was fine myself.

Alex (@alexbridgeforth) October 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I love my custom “Team Bridgeforth” shirt from Viewsport. All 4 of my brothers, my parents and my fiance all have shirts that say, “I am” and then “Team Bridgeforth” in the Sweat activated technology.

Katelyn Block October 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM

WAIT THAT’S SO COOL

Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer October 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I hate burpees. Seriously though. Today we did Bar Facing Burpees in the WOD. I wanted to cry, die, puke or all of the above.

Rock it out girl – you’re gaining muscle mass!

Julianna @ Julianna Bananna October 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

i’m definitely jealous that your weekend starts today!! mine starts tomorrow at 11am. woot woot!

those viewsport tanks are so cool! love all the sayings on them :)

Dawn October 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Love the shirts and I thought the sweet potato looked delicious!

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate October 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I have Fridays off too and I love it! My weekend starts at exactly 8:45 pm tonight. :-)

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie October 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Girl you look good! You definitely lost the freshman 15! I’m hoping running will help me do the same. :D

Hillary October 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I heart your vlogs :)

Katelyn Block October 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I heart YOU! <3

Natasha October 5, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Hey girl love you vlogs – you are definitely really real and down to earth!
And so what if you aren’t the leanest person out there – you are way stronger and more fit than runners that deprive themselves of food (I was formerly one of those people, but Im a new crossfit convert)!
I probably eat like triple what I used to eat, and let me just tell you my quality of life is like 100% better – more energy, happier, and able to really get a lot stronger.
And plus building up strength is way more fun, but if you did lean out in the future you would probs uncover some awesome muscle and for sure be a beast :)
xoxo

Sarah October 5, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Awesome vlog, absolutely loving the points you touch on about gaining muscle :) You go girl, keep getting stronger!! My weekend has also started… here’s to a good one!

Siobhan McCarthy.ca October 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I just found your blog and I’m loving it! And that burpee shirt! I’m doing the 100 day burpee challenge and call me crazy but I’m kind of in love with the after burpee feeling. Happy Friday! :)