Because I love #ReebokNYC {Part I}

by Katelyn Block on October 10, 2012 · 12 comments

Post image for Because I love #ReebokNYC {Part I}

Woooo! Hey there! Why have I been so goshdarn MIA?? I miss you guys…. so here’s my face.

If you got through that video, then props to you. I talk a lot. Those squats were a serious pain in the neck. Literally. Let’s move on to NYC!

Daw. My ultimate favorite group of CrossFit buddies. We make for a good family photo.

Early Saturday morning (4:50 am to be exact), we all shipped off to NYC with snacks and snoozes in tow. I slept half of the way there. You decide how tired I was. The car trip took us to Poughkeepsie, and then we took the train into Grand Central. Which, surprise! — is absolutely beautiful.

God, I love New York.

I made sure to travel in style.

Reebok sent me this awesome t-shirt, which had originally made it’s debut at HLS this year. The Reebok team was totally decked out in hashtags and us bloggers were all over it.

I could wear this shirt all day every day. Sorry for being a Twitter nerd, but really. I love.

I also came donning my Reebok CrossFit workout leggings and my custom Nano’s. These babies are saved just for special occasions, and this was definitely a special occasion.

Fresh to def.

My Box had been planning for weeks to make this trip out to Fifth Ave (an opportunity that I obviously jumped on right away), but it wasn’t until early last week that I learned there would be a TRX workshop happening at the same time. Reebok, you constantly surprise me with awesome opportunities. Since I was already on my way to New York, why not make it even more exciting? Double the events, double the fun!

Part II coming atcha with event photos and recap. Hope your day is off to a good start!

The Road Less Travelled October 10, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I hope you didn’t miss the event — the performance was last night!

Katelyn Block October 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I was there :)

Lisa October 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM

No way! The dalai lama, wow. I am inspired just from his quotes and reading his speeches! That is quite the opportunity! Hope you enjoyed it and absorbed lots of info! NYC looks awesome too:) How fun is the new gear?! Too cute.

Melissa Love October 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM

This is awesome! I am always so jealous of your blogging and CrossFit opportunities!!! LOVE the capris too!!! :)

Michelle@Peachy Palate October 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I want those SHOES!!! :)

Sarah October 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

As always, love your vlogs Katelyn!!!!! Cannot believe your getting to see the Dalai Lama… anyway you can just skype us in on that? ;)

Pavement Runner October 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Love the photos… and you look like you are totally “photo bombing” the group pic…. LOL.

Pavement Runner October 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

but in a good way… like “hey, I wanna be in it! *Ding! Here I am”

Katelyn Block October 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Haha it was more like “Midget doesn’t want to crouch in front of everyone as usual…. midget’s gonna be taller than everyone instead”

Natasha October 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I really like the Reebok shirt! Super cute!

Wow that event sounds SO AWESOME!!!!!!! omg wow I’m seriously so jealous!
Hahah I’ve freaked out about not having protein powder too – kinda silly when you think about it though…it just tastes to darn good though!
I joined a crossfit box seriously like last week and I’m already OBSESSED!! I totally get why everyone falls in love with it!!