Christmas Came Early!

by Katelyn Block on December 3, 2012 · 12 comments

So, when I was at Rogue this weekend, I invested in a little something that made me happy in a serious way:

A G-Shock. I’m super aware that this is a men’s watch. And I’m super okay with it.

Look at how BEAUTIFUL that thing is! It’s white. It’s fresh. It’s sooooo boss.

Have you ever seen the cartoon with a caveman “plumber” looking into a hole in the ground “toilet” (which I assume needs to be fixed in some way), and he tells the guy: “Ohhhhh. Dis not be cheap.”

That’s how I feel about this watch. But it is so worth it. Mmm I like Christmas.

More tomorrow when I am not completely sleep deprived. Two presentations tomorrow, three classes, and a WOD/gymnastics class at some point during the day. Got back to Syracuse around dinnertime tonight. I had some chocolate-covered almonds from Trader Joe’s as study snax. ;)

Love you guys. oodles.

xo

How was your Monday?
Are you a watch person? Yes? No? Maybe? What kind is your style?

Alex Bridgeforth (@alexbridgeforth) December 3, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hey Katelyn, Love the watch. I don’t know how to live without a watch. Yes, I totally feel naked without one (not just a military thing either). I just have my typical Timex Ironman watch, but hey it gets the job done without getting in the way.

For watches however, my money goes into my Garmin. The 910xt Triathlon watch, it does everything (like more than a PS3, or at least it should). My monday was great, I’m in full taper mode leading into my first 50 mile race Saturday. I just hit the jacuzzi and got a good 20 minute runner’s yoga in after.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM

So pretty!!! I LOVE it!

Elena December 4, 2012 at 12:24 AM

A good watch is definitely something to be excited about! I have been wanting a new watch for a while….though, instead of a new day wear watch, I think I may be getting the new Garmin watch because my old one is on the fritz more often than not.

Eric December 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM

I love that you have the confidence to rock a mens watch. I also love the watch in white. Looks good, I assume you will throw some sort of a review about it up in the coming days, looking forward to reading about it!

Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire December 4, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I love watches. I also wear a huge watch that looks like a man’s watch, so you’re not alone. I love that watch!
PS- I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! http://claireknudsen.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/the-liebster-award/

NYC Fit GIrl December 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Cute watch!! I always buy myself once Christmas gift a year; not sure what I am purchasing myself.

Angie @ Losing It and Loving It December 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

That watch is gorgeous! I’m not usually a watch person except for when it comes to workout time and I use my HR monitor. That’s about all.

Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction December 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I think I have owned about 5 Baby G watches! I always used to HAVE to wear a watch, but now I don’t really where one anymore. I look at my phone or computer for time. There is this pretty snazzy looking Michael Kors one I have my eye on though ;-)

Robyn @thereallife_rd December 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

dark chocolate almonds from TJs are bomb. enjoy your christmas break with the family, I cannot wait to go home to visit mine!

P.S. I nominated you for the Leibster award, enjoy! http://www.thereallife-rd.com/2012_12_04_archive.html

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run December 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM