PR’s + T-Shirt Designs + VSX meets @_CHAARG

by Katelyn Block on December 6, 2012 · 17 comments

Sunshine, how I love you!

Hey friends, and happy Thursday! It’s so strange to me that it’s already Thursday… I could have sworn that just yesterday I was in Columbus getting my cert!

Truth be told, I love Columbus, and I hope to go back soon. It’s pretty dang beautiful there. Not going to lie.

I spent this past week being slightly stressed by upcoming final exams, but being more stressed about the three presentations I had to give this week. Not the actual content of the presentations, but putting together the aesthetics and making sure I woke up on time. I swear, alarms and coffee are even more important than having a 100% perfect project.

Anyways. I’ve been getting fancy and making some more t-shirt designs, just because it’s fun.

Messing around in photoshop is super productive. I also might have a fun new campaign to launch on the bloggy with a very simple tagline. Now you gotta wait and seeeeee.

I’ve been thinking a lot about what I talk about on here, and as I get more and more serious about CrossFit, I keep wanting to talk about CrossFit. And I’m totally aware that a lot of you will think that’s really boring. So what I’m going to do is continue with my usual rants, but also throw in a couple of CrossFit tips and tidbits for those of you that are CrossFit athletes and would find that interesting.

Sound good? Good.

Let’s talk about PR’s. The last couple of weeks, I’ve made a few:

• 115# clean
  • 175# back squat
  • 155# front squat

Wee! How fun that is. Have you ever seen a PR dance? No? Good, cause this is better.

IMG 3211 from Mike Poppa on Vimeo.

Next time I PR my snatch, I’m going to have someone nearby to destroy a PVC pipe. That’s excitement.

You know what else looks like excitement?

This top.

When I was in Columbus, I met up with Elisabeth of CHAARG for ice cream (which was unreal, by the way), and she was so sweet as to bring me one of these. Not only are they deathly cute, they’re made by VSX, Victoria’s Secret’s new activewear line. To make it quite simple, I want everything in the line.

I’ve also decided that taking pictures of yourself is not only healthy (self-confidence boost!), but it’s motivation when you see yourself getting stronger, more lean, or happier over time.

From the above photo, I notice that my shoulders be poppin’ out, and I look a bit more lean than I was.

I attribute this to bacon. Dead serious.

Off to CrossFit! And to figure out how to use the newest Klout perk I got sent…. luckily I have tech-savvy friends.

xo,

KB

Favorite coping mechanisms for finals week? (think: coffee, chocolate, Friends re-runs)
Any personal records for you guys lately?! These don’t have to be weightlifting!
How do you feel about Victoria’s Secret’s new activewear line? I’mafan.

Courtney @ Journey of a Dreamer December 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have been dying to get my hands on some VSX- but they don’t have it at the VS by me and I’m one of those have to try it on kinds of people… Lovin the shoulder pop! and awesome PRs!!

Sarah @ Run, Write, Conquer December 6, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Congrats on the PRs! You’re doing great! I’m looking forward to reading more crossfit updates. In fact, if you ever decide to write about nothing but crossfit, I promise to send you a video of me doing an awesome PR dance and smashing a PVC pipe (or two) in your honor!

Lauren December 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Columbus is such a fun city! I’ve only been there once but I remember loving it. Busy lady these days! Hope you are loving every second. Soak it up love.

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM

I love hitting new PRs. I his a new 5k PR at the Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. I thought it was going terribly but I beat my time by a full minute! :)

Erin @ Girl Gone Veggie December 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I love that VS top! SO cute!

Sarah December 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Congrats on the PR’s! I’m really loving all of those tank tops :)

Molly @ Happy&Healthy December 6, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Whoa those PRs are serious, way to go! I started Crossfit around the same time you did, and am still front squatting about #95 and my back squat is at #115, but it just gives me something to work for, right? Love the VSX line, but haven’t bought anything quite yet.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hahaha – can I get that snatch shirt even if I don’t do Crossfit? ;)

Katelyn Block December 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Um yes you definitely can!

Lea @ Greens and Coffee Beans December 6, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Girl you look AMAZING! I’m seriously jealous of those muscles!
My finals coping mechanism are lots and lots of coffee, chocolate, Paula Deen and an intense gym sesh (best form of stress relief!), let’s pray we make it to Christmas break!

Siobhan McCarthy.ca December 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

HAHAHA! Your photoshop shirts are hilarious!!! Sign me up for one of those!

Katelyn Block December 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

You can find them in the “Shop” tab up top! :)

hillary | nutrition nut on the run December 6, 2012 at 10:06 PM

you’re one strong chick. congrats on the PRs!

Melissa Love December 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Dude – A – you have been looing TON happier latey! B – I want your arms! C – congrats on the PR’s. And D – (I’m done I promise) As one CF’er to another – I love your rants! haha

Chuck December 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Whoa! Those are amazing PRs!

Kate December 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Are you aware that snatch has another very common usage that more people are familiar with than Cross Fit? It’s kind of an awkward shirt to wear around in public…http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snatch&defid=2709472

Katelyn Block December 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yup, totally aware! That’s why crossfitters find it so funny :)