Marbles, Omelettes, Mozart + Fun Things for You

by Katelyn Block on December 19, 2012 · 10 comments

Hey friends! Happy hump day! I’m kind of sad that it’s almost the weekend, because then I have to leave Syracuse. I love my family… but you know it’s a good thing when you love where you live.

It’s been a weird but awesome last three days. I’ve moved across town (almost completely on the first day), done three loads of laundry, and somehow kept my sanity enough to go to CrossFit twice. I honestly think that getting back to regular blogging has really helped these mind marbles I have.

True fact.

Can we talk about omelettes for one second?

Omelette

Who invented these? I’d like to hug them.

There are very few things in life that could EVER be better than a good omelette. If you try and argue with me, you either don’t eat eggs or have never had a good omelette.

I will cook one for you. And change your mind. Just saying.

Lately, I’ve been eating a lot of eggs because my new fridge (my beautiful, wonderful fridge) was set too cold to defrost my meat in time. Hello. Bacon and eggs twice in one day.

So having that. On another note.

Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 12.30.22 PM

YES, that is the year 1995 you see on there. Mozart is my friend. Mozart keeps me sane, gives the new apartment some nice background noise, and I’m convinced it makes me more focused and happy. It also makes me less dependent on coffee. How that happens, I don’t know. Must be the technogel.

I’m dead serious when I say that pillow is like sleeping on the cool side of the pillow of dreams. All the time. My friends want to steal it but that is so not happening.

How would you guys like a review? Do you want to see video of my ramblings? Or really elaborate pictures where it looks like I’m asleep? Be vocal. Let me know. I’m down to make this interesting.

Some ideas: Videos with and without bloopers. With and without elevator music. With footie pajamas or my CrossFit clothes. You choose.

Surprise! Fun things for you:

ARTICLE: Powerful Language Versus Victim Language
I WANT TO MAKE THESE: Paleo Magic Bars
BUY THIS NOW: Because Miz is awesome and wrote a book.

How’s your Wednesday going so far?
Workout under your belt yet? Headed to CrossFit later to knock out some WOD time. All I know is I want to do more handstand pushups. (last night I was doing ‘em with 45# and 10# plates stacked on one another, and only one abmat!)
What music do you listen to at work/around the house?
What are your favorite things to put in an omelette (or scramble!)?

Miz December 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM

You are so flipping kind. I saw you had a new post, Clicked over to check it out and was so surprised you linked my e-book. Thanks so very much.

And me? I’m boring :-) I am eggs, laughing cow cheese, and MorningStar Farms veggie sausage patties.

xoxoxo

Katelyn Block December 20, 2012 at 7:51 PM

:) you are so welcome lady lovely! That is so not boring. Laughing cow = yum.

christina December 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Mozart is good for you!! I want those bars like now. Come visit and we’ll make them.

Katelyn Block December 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Mozart is AMAZING fo da brain! Oh I’m so visiting. Definitely could use some time down south!

Sarah December 19, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Aww I’m glad you’re so happy with your decision! I think you’ll enjoy going home for a bit but you’ll appreciate your new living situation even more when you go back! I’d love to hear more about that pillow. Anything that’s going to help me sleep like a baby is right up my alley.

Katelyn Block December 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I’m SO happy! And so true :) It will be good to be back home. I’m excited to give a full review about that baby!

Mindy December 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Omelettes are my absolute favorite! My most common add-ins are spinach/kale, green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, red onions, dried basil, S+P obvi. Sometimes at the very end of cooking, I will add in tiny chopped cubes on the top and flip it over to melt the cheese. OMGGGG.. so good. Don’t tell my CF coach though ;-)

I’m going home on Friday, too. And darn if I don’t wish I could stay at my apartment forever. It’s funny because just last night as I was sitting in my living room entertaining myself (every social media account open, wod completed, dishes washing) I felt so content and happy. It feels awesome to be completely happy with yourself and your life regardless if you have two friends or fifty. My family can’t seem to wrap the idea that I enjoy being at my apartment alone when I’m on christmas break and I don’t work. I LOVE IT! WOD when I want, cook as much bacon as I want, don’t shower for as long as I want, etc. Have a great day!

Katelyn Block December 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM

HAHA GIRL WE ARE SO TWINS! First of all I do the cheese cube thing too. OMG. And seriously! I entertain myself SO WELL when I’m here, because I love what I do! I love it here. I love my apartment. I love my couch/bed/and desk chair. Winter break is great, and so is this leave. Merry Christmas girlfriend!