Five Things, Hump Day Edition.

by Katelyn Block on January 9, 2013 · 24 comments

So, let’s talk about my day. Best day EVER.

Can you deal with that positivity? I can deal with that positivity. I’m down widdit.

First thing. Power drills. Turns out I know how to use them.

Oh yes, I’m fancy like that. I put that shelf up all by myself, and I’m pretty sure I scared my Dad over the phone too.

“How did it go?”
“AHHHHOMG IT WENT GREAT!!”
“You didn’t hurt yourself?”
“NO!”

You know it’s a good day when (….)

Second thing. Salads. One a day keeps the doctor away.

I’m not talking apples, I’m talking veggies. Fiber and nutritious goodness, ya hear? Don’t try and convince me otherwise. Veggies. Fiber. Olive oil. Balsamic vinegar. You can’t go wrong.

Third thing. Coffee shops. Awesome. For getting things done and for getting free lattes.

Mhmm, you heard me right. FREE. Perks of being a Starbucks Gold Card member = stars and free drinks. Thank you very much.

I got a sugar-free mocha latte with whole milk. Who does skim? I don’t do skim. Not unless I have dinner in an hour, then I do skim. Fat is friend, definitely food. (name that movie)

Fourth thing. My new bedroom. This is what it looked like after a flood that happened. Yes, a flood! I am so blessed that the least of my worries is that, under this roof that I have, water sometimes comes through the paneling and the windows but I mean. It could be worse.

Half of my living room was soaked with water as well as half of my bed. I mean. You know. That stuff happens sometimes. I guess.

I let my blankets and sheets dry and moved on. These blankets helped me out for a few days. Do you like the flower pattern? Yeah? This blanket also says ROWING on the corner with two oars. I do miss my rowing days, but just a little.

So that is what my bed area KIND of looks like. Just now it’s less colorful. Please not all of the technology in one place. That’s my nighttime set-up. Nerdy or exciting? You be the judge.

Fifth thing. Chocolate. Eat it. I find that a square (or a lot) of chocolate a day keeps the doctor and the blues away. Would you agree? I so agree.

In other news… CONGRATS to Boeheim and the boys for another great game!!! Let’s hope this win continues to Saturday’s NOVA game. I’m excited.

Give me five things! Or one thing. Let’s chat.
Are you a chocolatier? A latte-lover?
Tell me about your favorite blanket! (serious)

Kierston January 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Okay…Love all of your 5 five things! Power drill…hmmm…I think I would need to be supervised lol

I’m with you on the Starbucks and the perks :)

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Haha! It was so fun learning how to use it. Starbucks fist-bump!

Lauren January 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Look at you little miss domestic diva! This whole apartment thing is looking good on you. :) Glad nothing more was damaged in the flood!!

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Hehe. ;) I’m glad too! Thank goodness it’s all been taken care of… this apartment is definitely better than the last!

Tiff January 10, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Great stuff – I’d be crazy positive too! :)

Shel@PeachyPalate January 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

A couple of squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate pretty much every day, couldn’t live without it! I hope your bed is well dried out now and yes, Dad’s are pretty awesome!

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That’s my STUFF. It is! Thank you love. :)

M. Love January 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM

5 things – 1 – new benchmarks like Grace kicking my butt 2- thankful for the crew at my box for always pushing me 3 – my bed — ALWAYS thankful for my bed and how amazingly comfortable it is 4 – my students – no matter what, they always push me to be my best me 5 – marathon training is ALMOST over – race on Sunday! haha

And who doesn’t like chocolate? LOVE it! Coffee on the other hand…don’t have that passion…tried, but just don’t. Have a FABULOUS thursday love!

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM

BOOM BOOOM! How did you do?! I haven’t done Grace yet! Best of luck in your marathon!!! I’ll be following anxiously via Twitter!

Mandy January 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I love your positivity. I’ve made a goal of being more positive in the new year.

My five things from yesterday:

1. Laughing with coworkers
2. Coffee
3. All things http://www.bravegirlsclub.com
4. Snuggling with my cats
5. Jillian Michaels 6 weeks 6 pack

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I love that YOU are taking positivity by the reigns! Thank you for introducing me to Brave Girls Club – I’ve never seen it before!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Ha! That’s so funny you mention the power drill thing, because I have a shelf that needs to be hung above my toilet upstairs that’s just been sitting there…because I’m afraid I’ll mess it up if I try to hang it. Come over and put it up for me?? ;-)

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Oh gurl I am just the handy dandy expert now! Of COURSE ;)

Joy January 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My one thing:
The instructor came up to me during class and told me that I looked so strong! The smile has NOT left my face!

My favorite blanket is my flannel sheet set its the best part of bed

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM

That’s. AWESOME. I love that feeling. Keep that smile going!! I swear it’s contagious :) I heart flannel. Especially flannel pajamas!

Tori January 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

1.) Tomorrow is Friday
2.) Apple Cinnamon Scentsy allows my classroom to smell good instead of like teenager sweat :)
3.) CHOCOLATE
4.) morning juice-apple, cucumber, romaine, carrot
5.) Missed my workout yesterday because of an extra long meeting, so workout tonight!! :)

Katelyn Block January 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM

FRIDAY!!! Happy weekend! Apple Cinnamon sounds in-CREDIBLE. Going to buy some candles for the apt asap.

Kim @ HealthyNest January 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM

All awesome things. :) Except for the flood–crazy! And uncool!!

Haha, the whole milk comment reminded me of that Napolean Dynamite scene…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOzSNKqjaY

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

OMG – I want that MTV pillow!!!

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I am a HUGE chocolatier & latte-love. All day, every day ;)

Pretty mani!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Okay, I must admit I’m LOVING your nail polish and all your rings. I don’t often wear jewelry but I do wear rings. Where’d you get yours?

Second, chocolate & coffee are two of my favorite things. Life is good.

Jen Caccamo January 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Great post! Love the watch you are wearing in the one pic. What kind is it?

Katelyn Block January 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

It’s a G-Shock watch! You can buy them online almost anywhere, I got mine at Rogue! roguefitness.com

Miranda @ Biting Life January 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Wow… I’m like really impressed with that towel rack, haha. I’m not quite sure that I could do that.