I really dig food. Did you know that?

by Katelyn Block on February 10, 2013 · 14 comments

Hi, friends! So, I’m going to try to keep this is positive and peppy as possible. But I really feel like poo.

Except for this omelette, this omelette feels like awesome.

I think it’s official that I’ve overworked and under-rested, and now I’m paying for it. I’m constantly fatigued, craving fatty foods, and in a cycle of “Why am I so un-peppy, I don’t get it” because I’m just not paying attention to my body. Listen up, Katelyn. YOU NEED SLEEP.

Anyways. With that being said, I’m going to make an effort to go to bed by 10 every night. No exceptions. I felt a thousand times better (for a fact) when I was granny’ing and in bed by 9 or 10, and up before the sun. I’m wacky like that. Roll widdit.

Further reason to believe how wacky I am:

Prepared for Snowpocalypse Nemo. IT WAS A REAL THING, OKAY. I am so glad I prepared for it, because I was buried under a whole foot of snow for a day and could barely leave my driveway without shoveling for 30 minutes. I know, I live a rough life. General inventory of what I keep in my fridge can be found here.

I made sure to have plenty of bacon, my favorite food group. I also went tea shopping.

Addiction. Nommm nom nom nom. Since I’m drinking less coffee (well, sorta. at least I’m down to 2 a day), I’m loving in all my teas, especially Tazo’s new packaging. Hello, beautiful.

Yogi makes me smile because there’s an inspiring (heart-captivating motivating) quote on each tea bag. Tank you, Yogi. You never fail to make my day.

And WEGMAN’S. You have out-done yourselves again. They have come out with a collection of teas (with 20 tea-bags to a box) for $1.99 each (on sale, which they usually are). I love you so much, it’s barely deniable anymore.

Tea Lovefest over. Let’s talk about cookies.

These are all I want lately. They’re addicting, and I have a problem.

And without further ado, the typical office lunch.

Keepin’ it clean, friends. I know the person sitting next to me is jealous of my steamed kale.

I leave you with my baby sister. Our good looks are genetic.

I love you baby sister. #swaggie

I’d like to know:
  • Are you SnapChat addicted?
  • What are your favorite eats lately?
  • Do you keep it clean at the office? Salads? Share your lunchbox swag, loud and proud.

Sarah @Pickyrunner February 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I love your new layout! Totally unrelated to this post but I had to point that out :)
And those cookies do look pretty delicious!

christina February 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM

i keep saying i have to make those cookies. and that is the exact reason i love those yogi teas.

Carly @ Snack Therapy February 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I am seriously SnapChat addicted. My poor friends have to see pictures of my disgusting selfies all day.

Sleep is always a good thing. Bacon is always better. Yum.

hillary | nutrition nut on the run February 10, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Do you have a job?

Yes, sleep missy — it’s important! xoxo

Meg February 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know how much I truly LOVE your blog :) YOU make me smile :) Your eats look amazing and I’m really happy that you’re enjoying tea ;) I’m sipping on a cup now, too!

I’ve been loving red meat lately! That’s my fav food as of now :)

Linz @ Itz Linz February 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM

YUMMMM!!! I made tons of chicken breasts for this week, so my lunches at the office (aka school – i’m a teacher) will be chicken with some type of green!!!!

Kierston February 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Eats are always clean in the office. Love food :)

Those cookies look yum!

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal February 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Hahahaa your pic cracked me up, thanks for that. I love food too and I’m glad to see we are both tea lovers!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables February 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I try to keep it clean at the office. I generally just make a salad from the salad bar because it’s so convenient haha

Lindsay February 11, 2013 at 2:37 PM

This post was light and fun and just what I needed on a Monday :) I’m also trying to cut down on coffee and up my tea intake. It’s proving more difficult than I expected. Can we support each other through this tough time…? ;)

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige February 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM

This is the first time I’m hearing of snapchat!! Off to see what it’s all ’bout.
Girl, I hear ya on the early bedtime deal. I try to be IN bed by 9:15, and lights out by 10:00. I feel so much better.

Katelyn Block February 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM

You’re my hero. If I can get in bed by 9:45, it’s nothing short of a miracle.

Amy @Macncheesenpeas February 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

love love love your new layout!! I want a pretty pink chevron background!

Victoria February 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I seriously feel the same way! My legs each feel like they weigh 100 pounds when I am working out/running~

I’m taking your lead and heading to bed @ 10 :-)